News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Make it 3" and I'm game [emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

mr_lou

Sorry, only the streamed audio was available.

But I can mail you a Blu-ray disc with its own embedded webserver that you can access on your CPC via your M4 expansion and load it into your MSX MP3 plugin via AMSDAP.

Unless of course you know of a geekier way.....

PuzCPC

Looking forward to this masterpiece!
Almost better than the Amiga version. :o

Neil79

Pinball Dreams on the Amstrad CPC - An EXCLUSIVE First Look!

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/03/pinball-dreams-on-amstrad-cpc-exclusive.html
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

TotO

Except the redundant over-enjoyed comments "never seen on CPC", speaking about classics overscan screens and 50Hz vertical texts and pictures scrolling, it is a nice video as the game looks really really well achieved and adapted to the Amstrad CPC. Great and polished works! Nice to have recorded the real monitor at the end!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zeropolis79

It does look good - I'll  be doing a video review as soon as I can get a copy..

Xifos

Hey it's amiga perfect !
;)
(good to see it works with ram expansion)

Maniac

Simply stunning! I really can't wait to try this out for real!

robcfg

I wonder if it would be possible to play from a Dandanator or M4 devices.

Arnoldemu's disk routines are superb, but disks themselves are a pain, and I simply don't have time to go search for an external disk drive, a computer with disk drive, appropriate disk, to play when I have very little time.

tastefulmrship

I'd just like to mention;

75% of the music was done by RAFT/TRSI.
24.9% of the music was done by McKlain.
0.1% of the music was done by me! ^_^

100% of the in-table sfx was done by RAFT/TRSI.

However, I have been playing this game for THREE YEARS (as an official tester) and I now totally hate it! ^_^

Major respects to everyone at BGGames and the external testers for their amazing work over the three years! You should be proud of what you have achieved here! We (me included) look forward to the official release! IT... LOOKS... AMAZING!

Syncmaster319

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Pinball Dream preview works with the M4 Wifi Board?  I just get a black screen on my standard 6128 (CRTC2)

Thanks
Mark

Rhino

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 13:27, 02 March 19
I'd just like to mention;

75% of the music was done by RAFT/TRSI.
24.9% of the music was done by McKlain.
0.1% of the music was done by me! ^_^

100% of the in-table sfx was done by RAFT/TRSI.

However, I have been playing this game for THREE YEARS (as an official tester) and I now totally hate it! ^_^

Major respects to everyone at BGGames and the external testers for their amazing work over the three years! You should be proud of what you have achieved here! We (me included) look forward to the official release! IT... LOOKS... AMAZING!

You are too modest, I would say that 90% of the music is yours :)

Rhino

Quote from: Syncmaster319 on 16:11, 02 March 19
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Pinball Dream preview works with the M4 Wifi Board?  I just get a black screen on my standard 6128 (CRTC2)

Thanks
Mark
Currently it is not compatible with M4 because it uses its own disk loader, maybe it would be possible to make a M4 version replacing the current loader with an exclusive one for M4.

robcfg

Quote from: Rhino on 21:09, 02 March 19
Currently it is not compatible with M4 because it uses its own disk loader, maybe it would be possible to make a M4 version replacing the current loader with an exclusive one for M4.

That would be very nice!

Duke

Quote from: Rhino on 21:09, 02 March 19
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help it a long.
No system/firmware is needed for sector read/writing from/to a dsk image with M4, so if it can fit ie. a romdos .dsk image (~800 KB), that should be easy to make low level loader for.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Rhino

Quote from: Duke on 00:03, 03 March 19
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help it a long.
No system/firmware is needed for sector read/writing from/to a dsk image with M4, so if it can fit ie. a romdos .dsk image (~800 KB), that should be easy to make low level loader for.
Thanks!
The Arnoldemu loader works with tracks/sectors, so it should be easy to adapt.I could also try to make a global record table with the internet connection.The first thing is to buy an M4, is it currently for sale?

VincentGR

Fessor

But why track/sector-loading? Why not a mass storage-friendly solution?

TotO

Quote from: Fessor on 21:33, 03 March 19
May be, because the CPC is originaly a computer using a floppy disc drive?  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

PuzCPC

I can not wait to play Steel Wheel. What a great music! :o :o

And of course everything else is perfect!

PuzCPC

kawickboy

CPC is in the retrogaming spotlight with a such great project.

Rhino

Quote from: Fessor on 21:33, 03 March 19
Track/sector is the classic method of loading faster and get more capacity on disks, as well as flexibility to make better use of memory and other advantages such as being able to play music while loading.

GUNHED

Please stay with discs, thats the native medium of the CPC (aside of tapes.... but brrr no!). So please don't expect that everybody is owning and using (predominantly) mass-storage solutions. Actually the only one working is the M4 card anyway. Even it over 500 (I guess) were sold there may be still people preferring real discs.
About the format, use a 3.5" and you can get up to 700-800 KB. IMHO for a flipper that's enough. It doesn't use streaming VIds or so.

I'm looking forward to a nice an polished release.  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)