News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

I think that it would be nice to be able to buy it in a nice physical format.

ASiC

I too hope for a physical release.

Also, installing on M4 SD would be ideal.

I'm a supporter for system expansions, as long as the core remains the same:
eg ACA500Plus is acceptable, Vampire is NOT!  ;)

ivarf

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 12:19, 17 March 19
Rhino has already said it's a free game; I'd question anyone charging real-world monies for it! ^_^

It would be so nice to have this official game in a high quality box on the shelf (that is after two years of heavy playing)

tastefulmrship

Now that the full game has been previewed, here's the full soundtrack.

Converted to the AY-chip by McKlain and RaFT/TRSI.

Rhino

On behalf of all Batman Group members, we would like to express our sincere thanks to SuTeKH/Epyteor for his great work on the soundtrack, as well as testing and involvement in the whole project. There have been several years of tireless collaboration in which we were not only surprised by the immense quality of his work, but the dedication and enthusiasm with which always encouraged us to finish the project.
We hope Pinball Dreams will only be the first of more projects we can have the pleasure of working with him on, as well as the rest of the collaborators. In them is the true spirit that makes the CPC scene so great!

¡Gracias Amigos!

- BG-

Nich

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 12:19, 17 March 19
Rhino has already said it's a free game; I'd question anyone charging real-world monies for it! ^_^

I think if any physical version were to be released, then Rebellion would probably want some of the profits.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Rhino on 19:34, 17 March 19
On behalf of all Batman Group members, we would like to express our sincere thanks to SuTeKH/Epyteor for his great work on the soundtrack, as well as testing and involvement in the whole project. There have been several years of tireless collaboration in which we were not only surprised by the immense quality of his work, but the dedication and enthusiasm with which always encouraged us to finish the project.
We hope Pinball Dreams will only be the first of more projects we can have the pleasure of working with him on, as well as the rest of the collaborators. In them is the true spirit that makes the CPC scene so great!
Thank you, Rhino, for those gracious words, but McKlain devised ALL of the "intro instruments" that produced the "intro", "menu" and "selection" tunes (with a LOT of help from RaFT/TRSI!)
RaFT/TRSI devised ALL of the table instruments and ALL of the table SFXs. The only thing I did was copy Olof Gustaffson's (Blaizer/TSL) notes from the Amiga modules (freely downloadable from AMP)... note by note! RaFT/TRSI then corrected the notes and volumes for everything making what I did sound correct on a REAL Amstrad CPC!

My contribution to this "mammoth 8-Bit project" was small, but rewarding, and I am honoured that Rhino wanted me to be a part of the whole PINBALL DREAMS process and, yes, I would be more than happy to help (especially with testing) for any/all BGGames projects in the future!

Rhino

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 14:16, 18 March 19
Thank you, Rhino, for those gracious words, but McKlain devised ALL of the "intro instruments" that produced the "intro", "menu" and "selection" tunes (with a LOT of help from RaFT/TRSI!)
RaFT/TRSI devised ALL of the table instruments and ALL of the table SFXs. The only thing I did was copy Olof Gustaffson's (Blaizer/TSL) notes from the Amiga modules (freely downloadable from AMP)... note by note! RaFT/TRSI then corrected the notes and volumes for everything making what I did sound correct on a REAL Amstrad CPC!

My contribution to this "mammoth 8-Bit project" was small, but rewarding, and I am honoured that Rhino wanted me to be a part of the whole PINBALL DREAMS process and, yes, I would be more than happy to help (especially with testing) for any/all BGGames projects in the future!
Great!, because we're finishing up a showable preview of our next BG project and it'll be good to have you. We'll soon announce it.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

zeropolis79

Quote from: Nich on 20:06, 17 March 19
I think if any physical version were to be released, then Rebellion would probably want some of the profits.
Well, if somone can put it onto a real 3" disc for me (naturally I'd supply the disc and return postage), I'd be very thankful.

NiNxPe

...and the Plus version :

robcfg

Wow!

With the Plus palette it looks more 16-bit than ever!

Gryzor

DanyPPC

WoW ! That's amazing !!!

So the Plus version could use hardware scrolling too  ;) 
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

||C|-|E||

Phantomz

The original version looks great, however I'm loving the Plus screens. ;D

It would be nice to get this on cartridge in the future if possible.  ;)

kawickboy

The 1st spanish game with cpc plus features isn't it ?

Rhino

Quote from: NiNxPe on 05:49, 27 March 19
...and the Plus version :

A very faithful result to the original! Using the plus cartridge the boards could be 320 pixels wide instead of 256 and use sprites to add more colors and resolution to some parts, which visually could be even better.

kawickboy

CraigsBar

Any more news on a release date? I kept seeing it run on  a cpc at Revision... Arrrrrrggghhhh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Targhan

QuoteI kept seeing it run on  a cpc at Revision... Arrrrrrggghhhh.
Well I kept *playing* it at Revision :). Very good game indeed :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

CraigsBar

Quote from: Targhan on 21:24, 23 April 19
Well I kept *playing* it at Revision :). Very good game indeed :).
I mean you could clearly see it on the twitch stream.... Very kewl! (Sir Garbage) Truck mentioned it a couple of times in commentary too.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Rhino

Quote from: Targhan on 21:24, 23 April 19
Well I kept *playing* it at Revision :) . Very good game indeed :) .
Thanks! Btw, do you know if anyone's gonna do a party review/report? I found the revival of the Amiga scene particularly interesting, or at least the competition was very lively.
And congratulations on the Third Kind award! Very impressive!

Targhan

I guess Hicks or Tom's will ask a CPCist among us to make a report.

QuoteAnd congratulations on the Third Kind award! Very impressive!
I only did the sound effects, the hardest work was provided by Hicks and Beb!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:09, 23 April 19
Any more news on a release date? I kept seeing it run on  a cpc at Revision... Arrrrrrggghhhh.

I keep checking to see if there is any news myself.  ::)

Looking forward to playing it.  ;D