News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Xifos

I scored 5 millions at nightmare ! ;)

Perfect.

EDIT : i scored 20 millions at steel wheel !
:P

Schneckenwerk

8) YEAH! 8)

ENDLICH PINBALL DREAMS!
SO GUT!

This version is PERFECT!

Thank you so much, BATMAN GROUP! 

This my YouTube-Channel filled with music and entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyF8TeDMBPa86LEvBUwyoXg

villain

Quote from: Xifos on 18:00, 02 October 19
I scored 5 millions at nightmare ! ;)

Perfect.

EDIT : i scored 20 millions at steel wheel !
:P

Far away from 20.000.000. Not ready for a highscore compo...

GUNHED

Great to see the release eventually! Well done!  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

rzookol

Hi, thanks for the release.I have one question. Is the Plus version somewhat included or this release contains only normal version?

Maniac

Simply stunning!! Even though I played the demo to death the full version just stirs up so many memories of the Amiga version that I can't quite believe I'm playing it on my 6128 Plus! As with that version Beat Box is my favourite table because I seem to be able to score better on it!

Special thanks for supporting an M4 version of the disk image! Even though I have a HxC floppy emulator being able to transfer to the M4 and start from the PC is a major boon! And loading is so fast!

Love it!

Syncmaster319

So thankful for the M4 support.  The game is a work of art and BG should be very proud.

You have done right by the original.

robcfg

Wow! It's incredible how well it plays on a real machine!

Super smooth and responsive. A true delight!

I managed 66314731 on the Nightmare table  :D

Skunkfish

I spent some time yesterday evening hopping between the Amiga and the CPC versions.... It's very impressive indeed.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Xifos

Quote from: robcfg on 09:01, 03 October 19
I managed 66314731 on the Nightmare table  :D
Ok i lost.
But you should have seen me 25 years ago on pinball fantasies ! :D

Rhino

Quote from: robcfg on 09:01, 03 October 19I managed 66314731 on the Nightmare table  :D
Anybody up reach 100 million?  :D

Rhino

Quote from: rzookol on 22:15, 02 October 19
Hi, thanks for the release.I have one question. Is the Plus version somewhat included or this release contains only normal version?
We haven't made a special version for the plus, sorry.

VincentGR

Need time to setup my 6128, I'll go for highscore then  ;D

Loki

Amazingly (for me) I've hit the 100 million mark - 144,971,756! So kinda had to share this, athough if you get the super jackpot it's not too difficult to score highly on Nightmare. Still.....

Rhino

Quote from: Loki on 23:31, 03 October 19
Amazingly (for me) I've hit the 100 million mark - 144,971,756! So kinda had to share this, athough if you get the super jackpot it's not too difficult to score highly on Nightmare. Still.....

Wow, so Loki has the world record?

GUNHED

Quote from: Rhino on 14:55, 03 October 19
We haven't made a special version for the plus, sorry.
Kind of you already unlocked the Plus features for the CPC already. Smooth scrolling, smooth sprites. Nice sound, great colors. Maybe a Plus version would only add few new features. If this game runs on a Plus, probably lot's of people would say "Look, it only works with the Plus", but it's for CPC.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

villain

Targhan

Congratulations for this game! It's a masterpiece. Just played in on a real CPC, the gameplay is flawless. The only problem is... my lack of skill for this kind of game :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

tastefulmrship

SOME TIPS for Pro-Gamers and High-Score Hunters:
Spoiler: ShowHide

- Try to aim for the EXTRA BALL and HOLD BONUS features on each of the tables first, if possible. This will keep your features and bonuses if you accidentally drop a ball! Some tables can hold multiple EXTRA BALLS and so making hitting jackpots a little easier (or, at least, less stressful) and can net some fantastically-high bonuses!

- GUTTER SAVES and PIN SAVES are a lot easier on this version than on the original. For example, GUTTER SAVES generally require only one TILT in comparison to the two (usually) required to save the ball from dropping down the sides on Amiga.

- Due to the flippers being slightly closer together, PIN SAVES are easier on this version. You just have to ignore the human instinct to use the flippers when the ball shoots down the middle of the table to save it. NOTE: Due to additional randomness to the ball physics, this is not consistant and will be the majority cause of ball drops for pro players.

- The MEGA-JACKPOT (50M) in NIGHTMARE table has been made a little harder to hit on CPC. But, with some quick ball manipulation, you can get the ball to the RIGHT FLIPPER and shoot it back up to the BALL TRAP. 500M+ is totally achievable on this table with some practice as each MEGA-JACKPOT will net around 65M-70M when you include the HOLD BALL jackpots you need to hit first!

- RAMP BONUSES will net you a lot of points, too, as with expert timing can be hit multiple times! NOTE: Some of them have extra randomness added to their ball-release code; for example, the "shuttle" BALL TRAP in IGNITION table releases the ball to land differently on the flipper. This is because it was possible to hit the BALL TRAP infinitely and so wrap the score (ie get such a high score that it wraps around to 0!)

- Also, on RAMPS: The STEEL WHEEL ramp is rather difficult to hit correctly. This, from memory, is due to it being so easy to hit during development that you could wrap the score with it alone. On a personal note, STEEL WHEEL has some really nice features and jackpots that exploiting the RAMP BONUS spoiled the table! Also, the music (despite being my least favourite on Amiga) transferred to Amstrad the best and easiest!

There are other little things that help scores... but... I think most people would like to find those out for themselves!

@Rhino; is there going to be an online leaderboard for M4 owners? It would be great to see Amstrad players battling for top spot! ^_^

Rhino

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 07:38, 05 October 19
@Rhino; is there going to be an online leaderboard for M4 owners? It would be great to see Amstrad players battling for top spot! ^_^
We were thinking about doing it, but possible hacking and the loss of records could upset people, so in the end we did not.

Btw, there's already a longplay video showing a lot of things, what do you think about the skill of that guy?

https://youtu.be/yl_MSCpGC0M

VincentGR

Most of these longplays are TAS.
Savestates or low framerate is used, maybe 5fps.

Nothing with the specific uploader, most of them are mentioning that in the description.

Lazy Dude

Well the Batman Group must be really pleased that this game is now being extensively tested by the community for bugs and smoothness of gameplay.No problems here, exept my rubbish scores!Usually I stream some music whilst gaming, but this one does that for you too.
Also I notice 8 player game, good for when the gang are round.
This must be an AA rave for sure!

Nich

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 13:36, 02 October 19
Typically, I'm at my old man's for his birthday and my 6128 Plus (with Gotek) is 100 miles away so I'm trying to use WinAPE to try it out.. But what I've seen so far, I really like.

I'm just back from a 2-week holiday with no Internet access, so I missed the big event - but I'll definitely be playing it on my CPC today! :D I'm certain I will not be disappointed!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es