News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino

https://twitter.com/BATMAN_GROUP/status/1196051966859862017

Pinball Dreams CPC reaches 12,000 downloads in the first month!
And to celebrate we have made a very limited physical edition to gift in gratitude to collaborators and friends who supported us during the development.

Thanks!

||C|-|E||

Those physical copies look awesome! I understand that the game won´t be sold at all, right? These are just gifts for a few ones. I am asking because it would be great to be able to buy them  :D

VincentGR

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

Double crystal box is the best for CPC games. 8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Rhino

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 15:39, 17 November 19
Those physical copies look awesome! I understand that the game won´t be sold at all, right? These are just gifts for a few ones. I am asking because it would be great to be able to buy them  :D
We've reserved some copies for tournaments and draws, so it's still possible to get some one.

Gryzor

Now I'm so jealous!...

Other than that, 12000? Wow. That's really impressive!

asertus

Any possibility of getting one "gift" even in exchange for abusive delivery costs?  ;) ;D

ivarf

Quote from: Rhino on 14:16, 17 November 19
https://twitter.com/BATMAN_GROUP/status/1196051966859862017

Pinball Dreams CPC reaches 12,000 downloads in the first month!
And to celebrate we have made a very limited physical edition to gift in gratitude to collaborators and friends who supported us during the development.

Thanks!

I have pressed like, but I would have pressed like a thousand times if I could have bought this... Looks great

siccoyote

Quote from: ivarf on 11:01, 18 November 19

I have pressed like, but I would have pressed like a thousand times if I could have bought this... Looks great
I understand the gesture but if you press like 1000 times it undoes your like. Now 1001 times...
But yeah this package looks great, it would have been nice to buy it.

cngsoft

Pinball Dreams is so stunning and inspiring that it drove me back to improving CPCEC. I went from this...

...to this...

...in a night's work! CRTC 1 only, however; CRTC types 0, 2, 3 and 4 will have to keep waiting :-( My most sincere congratulations to the authors for the 12000 downloads (and rising!)
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

ivarf

Quote from: siccoyote on 12:09, 18 November 19
I understand the gesture but if you press like 1000 times it undoes your like. Now 1001 times...
But yeah this package looks great, it would have been nice to buy it.
'
stupid is stupid does

You pressed like on my post according to the alert system

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Rhino on 23:16, 17 November 19
We've reserved some copies for tournaments and draws, so it's still possible to get some one.
Hahaha, maybe for somebody that is not me!  :laugh: I love Pinbal Dreams like crazy, and videogames in general. However, I have never been a good player, quite the opposite I am afraid. People used to finish Bloodborne at level 90 and I leveled up to 160 to be able to beat it...  :picard2: .

Rhino

Quote from: cngsoft on 15:54, 18 November 19
Pinball Dreams is so stunning and inspiring that it drove me back to improving CPCEC. I went from this...

...to this...

...in a night's work! CRTC 1 only, however; CRTC types 0, 2, 3 and 4 will have to keep waiting :-( My most sincere congratulations to the authors for the 12000 downloads (and rising!)
Thanks!
It's great that you've improved the emulator, congratulations!

Nich

Pinball Dreams has been reviewed in the latest issue of Retro Gamer (issue 201), and it received a rating of (drum roll)...

Spoiler: ShowHide
96%! :o

Congratulations to @Rhino and everyone else who contributed to the development of the game! :D

ivarf

Quote from: Nich on 21:31, 26 November 19
Pinball Dreams has been reviewed in the latest issue of Retro Gamer (issue 201), and it received a rating of (drum roll)...

96%! :o

Congratulations to @Rhino and everyone else who contributed to the development of the game! :D

How much space did they give it?

Nich

Quote from: ivarf on 13:55, 27 November 19

How much space did they give it?

Almost a full page - and there's something else I forgot to mention:

They awarded it a 'Retro Gamer Sizzler'!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

ervin

Hi folks.

Really been enjoying playing PB on my CPC.
I still can't believe it exists - it's like some kind of sorcery.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any videos (or executables) of prototypes.
Or any sort of material which shows the path to getting the game completed.
I imagine the scrolling would have been the first thing worked on, possibly followed by physics, then followed by physics optimisations.
It would be so interesting to see that side of the development.

Gryzor

Eh, just read the RG review. I feel it was somewhat underwhelming-although the score is very high, it doesn't really mention why it's such an incredible feat...

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:01, 29 November 19
Eh, just read the RG review. I feel it was somewhat underwhelming-although the score is very high, it doesn't really mention why it's such an incredible feat...

We need our own Amstrad CPC magazine diskmag....Oh wait, we do already have a magazine.... 
*looks at @Skunkfish *

rexbeng

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:01, 29 November 19
... it doesn't really mention why it's such an incredible feat...
I have a question, then. Why do you believe it is an incredible feat? I'm not addressing Gryzor in particular; would be interesting to read a few opinions...  :)
rb

Gryzor

Great physics, smooth animation, big screen, and I'm sure more technical guys can go deeper 🙂

tastefulmrship

Quote from: rexbeng on 16:22, 29 November 19
I have a question, then. Why do you believe it is an incredible feat? I'm not addressing Gryzor in particular; would be interesting to read a few opinions...  :)
... because it is, simply, the best game EVER on Amstrad CPC!
Except, perhaps, for the music! ^_^

VincentGR

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 19:03, 29 November 19
... because it is, simply, the best game EVER on Amstrad CPC!
Except, perhaps, for the music! ^_^

I saw what you did there  ;D

Anyway, the game is an achievement for the CPC.
We had many ZX ports in the past (like the MSX) and many games that didn't show what this machine could do.
We also had/have the reputation of the worst scrolling 8bit and the slowest one in games.
As I mentioned before in this post, this game except of the scrolling has also great physics for a hardware with an 8bit cpu and no fancy hardware like the atari 8bit line or the brown one.
If you consider now that it looks and feels like the amiga, better than the SNES and that it runs on a Falcon then yes, it is a miracle.