News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominoid

Turns out it just doesn't like being run from the web interface of the M4. I finally worked out that if i run out from the basic prompt rather than using the "run" function in the M4 interface it works fine. I need to stop being lazy.

GOB

IS anyone has succeeded to transfert game to Real 3" with a cpc ?I'm trying with gothek on drive b with discology but it don't work.Seams difficult to write 10 sector per track...

TotO

Quote from: GOB on 10:27, 13 April 20
IS anyone has succeeded to transfert game to Real 3" with a cpc ?I'm trying with gothek on drive b with discology but it don't work.Seams difficult to write 10 sector per track...
The same problem exist with R-Type only on Amstrad Plus, not on CPC. Is-it your case?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GOB

Yes on 6128+. Do you think it's on writing with plus or on read ?

GUNHED

Quote from: GOB on 15:11, 13 April 20
Yes on 6128+. Do you think it's on writing with plus or on read ?
The Plus drive has an "error" which does happen 1/3 down to 1/7 of the times. The problem it that you can write an sector and immediately after that you tell the FDC to move the head. Sometimes it messes up the track register of the FDC. That means physically the head is on another track than the FDC does assume. Here only the Recalibrate command will help.
Why does this happen with Plus drives? Sometimes the FDC is still busy writing GAP bytes the it already sets its status to "Ready". If you issue an track command "move head to this track" then the FDC tells the floppy to step, but the floppy does not do, because it's still writing some few last gap bytes.

To be precise: It's an issue of the 6128 Plus floppy (reports "Ready" a bit to early), not the FDC765.

I found this behavior when I coded my FDC functions for FutureOS.
However lots of commercial software doesn't support Plus drives, so for example Gauntlet or Discology have serous problems (there is a Plus version of Discology for the Plus of course).
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

GOB

Ok thanks, so the only solution is to make a files version of pinball dreams...

TotO

Quote from: GOB on 13:03, 16 April 20
Ok thanks, so the only solution is to make a files version of pinball dreams...
In this case, better to have a ROM version...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GOB

No, i want to put the game on 3" disc ;)

vasilisk

So in a non-plus floppy drive, can PD be copied?