News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

Started by sigh, 17:17, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:39, 28 February 11
the dealer at the park who sells bad drugs or scroodge you on the quantity...

the Nightclub entrance where a douchebag put his hand on your girlfriend's back... you start to push hiom aside but... well you know, he has friends...

The Bar... wher the tankard spill his Bier on you and even ask you to pay him a new one because he spillt it on you...

Also at post office waiting line... the post office is about to close and can only take one more customer... and another douche go before you, while it was not his turn but yours...

Oh a "boxing day"... in Xmas 1985... for the last HalfPriced AmstradCPC6128 at Dixon's shelf...
Fight !!! ;)

Why do I get the feeling that you're speaking from years of experience? :D

Bryce.

sigh

Quote from: STE86 on 15:19, 28 February 11
well, as i see the same sort of scenery as you do :) ...

can i suggest the warehouse option could become disused/dilapidated factory/steelworks,

complete with skeletal industrial units with no roofs and the remnants of overhead cranes, chains and girders.

all old brickwork and rusty corrugated iron would maybe look quite interesting graphically.

this is the kind of backstreet place still to be seen in my area before they are pulled down to build apartments on.

Steve

Yes - that's pretty much what I had in mind.
Quote from: steve on 17:40, 28 February 11
Don't forget the burnt out cars, shopping trollies in the stream and smashed windows, I want to emigrate!

Trolleys are an interesting idea. (Not too sold on the burnt out cars...)

sigh

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:39, 14 February 11
Take a look at Grell and Falla this uses hardware scrolling, but I don't think it's push scroll as seen in others like Prehistorik 2.

I had a look at Grell and Falla regarding the scrolling. I feel it's a bit too jerky and choppy. Definitely would want something far smoother.

MacDeath

QuoteSolid gold. There could be banners announcing the launch of the CPC, it would be soooo awesome!
Perhaps I should try to put this into graphic when i get enough time... ;)   
(I do have too much projects at the moment...ouch...I'm a living Vaporware in itself...))
some fight game with the theme 80's Kid's harsh Life...

a crossbreed between renegade and scott pilgrim...

The original Renegade wasn't about Bronx gangfight but more something like Afterschool adolescent fight...

The original story was about a youngster you defends his little brother against rival schools students... ah, those Japaneses...

But the Boxing day theme seems like a solid stuff too...
and quite fun one.
we call this "les Soldes" in France... you know, the period where all prices are reduced to get rid of the stocks before the next "collection"...

with girls catfighting over the last -50% priced Chanel scarf or Vuitton bag...

There was even a movie with Schwarzenegger covering the fight over the last cool toy... at Xmas... Father is indeed a hard Job...

Do you know if a cracked version of Renegade with Real RED blood exists ?
I mean, blue blood is somewhat too Alien or Noble to me...

It was Censorship but to us kids it was more like "WTF ? is that some glitch ? What were they thinking ?
Simply a dickery from "mothers association for the moral safety of our beloved kids" ?
(also called the "morron rich zealot wifes pack who should care their own bizness and go back to the kitchen !!!") >:(

Axelay

Quote from: MacDeath on 03:35, 01 March 11

Do you know if a cracked version of Renegade with Real RED blood exists ?
I mean, blue blood is somewhat too Alien or Noble to me...

It already has a built in key press cheat to do just that:
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=146

Though I cant seem to get it to work in an emulator, but I used it all the time back in the day once I'd read about it.

Gryzor

Erm.... 8 keys at once? Can you do that on a CPC???

andycadley

Yep, as long as the combination of keys doesn't clash. Most PC keyboards won't let you do it though.

sigh

I'm thinking of having KO stars instead of blood. In the original Japanese version of Renegade (in school uniforms) it was quite amusing seeing the stars circling around their heads.

mahlemiut

Quote from: sigh on 19:53, 01 March 11
I'm thinking of having KO stars instead of blood. In the original Japanese version of Renegade (in school uniforms) it was quite amusing seeing the stars circling around their heads.
US version is no different.  Blood on the CPC version is specific to it alone (although, I'm not sure about other ports), whatever the colour.
- Barry Rodewald

sigh

Quote from: mahlemiut on 22:07, 01 March 11
US version is no different.  Blood on the CPC version is specific to it alone (although, I'm not sure about other ports), whatever the colour.

Ahhh - this I never knew. Could add in some secret key presses for stars or blood ;)

Gryzor

Blood FTW. Don't turn it into Mortal Kombat, but it seems like you're doing a dark game to some extend, so stars wouldn't cut it...

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:30, 02 March 11
Blood FTW. Don't turn it into Mortal Kombat, but it seems like you're doing a dark game to some extend, so stars wouldn't cut it...

Hmmm. I don't know what it is about having blood in the game that I find slightly off putting, but at the same time it's isn't as cliche as having the enemies flash when they've been defeated - so blood it is.

Gryzor

YEEEEAH! GIVE US GORE AND BRRRRRAIIIINS!

And who knows, maybe The Sun will pick it up and run a campaign against it, and it'll become famous and sell  by the bucket. Maybe do a cover with semi-naked girls, while you're at it.

sigh

Gryzor

Ooh. 25 years later, not exactly what I had in mind. Unless we can dig up some old photos...

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:19, 03 March 11
Ooh. 25 years later, not exactly what I had in mind. Unless we can dig up some old photos...

Heh!

Regarding the sound, I noticed that on Target Renegade, the sound effect cuts out the music on some of the levels. It seems like they both share a channel and sometimes not.

Anyway -home from work and hoping to get another screen finished today.

Gryzor

Quote from: sigh on 21:40, 03 March 11
Anyway -home from work and hoping to get another screen finished today.

Did you? :)

Gryzor

Ah well there's always another day to do it :)

Executioner

Quote from: andycadley on 17:07, 01 March 11
Yep, as long as the combination of keys doesn't clash. Most PC keyboards won't let you do it though.

The only ones I've found that work are USB keyboards.

MacDeath

Found this game...
I think this may give you some ideas...
but it doesn't seems quite good...yet the graphics are not that bad.

sigh

Quote from: MacDeath on 03:03, 19 March 11
Found this game...
I think this may give you some ideas...
but it doesn't seems quite good...yet the graphics are not that bad.

Hmmm....didn't get any ideas from that to be honest (but thanks anyway!).
Story so far: Finished screen number 4 and have 4 more left to have a finished first level. Also have drawn a rough picture of the playable female character.

MacDeath

No Ideas of course...
I just meant this was the kind of game (theme) that you are doing...

always good to see what exist. ;)

Glad to hear you progress.

sigh

Quick update:

Finished screen number 5 and have 3 more to do (working on screen 6 tomorrow). It looks like the backgrounds will take up around 12kb. Ideally, I should probably try to make this amount of data it takes up, used across the board for the other backgrounds but it is one of the less complex backgrounds, when compared to the night club and the warehouse/scrapyard.

Gryzor