News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

Started by sigh, 17:17, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Mining may be illegal but they certainly take their safety gear seriously! :D

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:02, 17 June 21
Mining may be illegal but they certainly take their safety gear seriously! :D
Of course! They need all the protection they need as they're about to facea serious beat down!

sigh

Level 5 enemies:

The mutant dog weasel! I thought it would be great if the player was able to control the mutant and not just the enemies.I am now working on the end level 5 boss. I am thinking that this level could be a team of two bosses instead of the usual one already done in the other levels.

Gryzor

Sitting here watching these animations for a good five minutes...

TITAN (Eric Cubizolle)

Just WOW !!!
These graphics and animations are really impressive.
I sincerely hope that this game will see the light of day on Amstrad one day because when it does, it will explode everything that has been done so far in terms of Beat'em All on the machine!

I love all these animations, ultra realistic and these backgrounds with a very personal style. Well done !

For the record, I recently created the graphics of an equivalent game for CPC (Shadows of Death: http://amigamuseum.emu-france.info/Fichiers/sites/SOTD_site/SOTD.html) and I would have loved having your talent!

Continue, it's great!

sigh

A quick update:

Here are the 2 bosses you can fight on level 5.
Ricky:

Julia (though I may change her name to Rikki):

I am now working an the level 6 enemies and boss designs.

ervin

Absolutely remarkable!

I'm wondering - how will all those sprites fit into RAM?
What techniques need to be used?

Gryzor

Amazing job! How many frames are you up to by now?

sigh

Here are the level 6 enemy soldiers on the left. They are using the big body types. The two on the right are the bosses for this level, though I am undecided whether to use just one or both. They will have the exact same move set as the player, as I always found it fun in games when you fight a boss that has the same moves as you, like in Double Dragon or Yie Ar Kung Fu*. This level splits into 2 paths as in level 5, where they will be a different boss at each end. For this level, maybe you fight both bosses at the same time on one of the routes,where the other exit has no boss (like in Target Renegade) and you just finish the level and move straight onto the next.

*C64, - on the arcade, the final boss has a different and more limited move set) or maybe even fight both at the same time.

cosa_nostra-6128

Really beautiful graphics, I do not know if we will see them one day in a cpc and with all that complexity of movements and with fluid speed ... great job

sigh

Hello everyone. I have finished the level 6 soldier enemies which has taken a bit longer. Not sure why, but this set was a bit of struggle in regards to their move set.

This character is particularly nimble around the field. Her moves - I was thinking of the roll move in barbarian that knocks you over. So I made both her unique and super move, rolling based.

You cannot view this attachment.

Pinball super move.

This guy; a quarter of your health is going if you get caught with this move.

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a move where the enemy is not flinched when they are struck. They walk up to the player with huge confidence.

sigh

Sorry - I'm not sure why the gifs are being repeated at the bottom?

ervin

Can't wait for this!
It just looks utterly fantastic!

sigh

Here are the boss twins for level 6. These bosses have the same set of moves as the male character, but they each have their own unique super. One of the twins has a super that goes into a healing stance to recovery health for both him and his brother.

I am now creating the characters and animation for the final level. These enemies will function in a similar way to the last level enemies on Renegade, where their moves are all one hit kills. They will all be the same type, but wearing masks.

The boss for this level; the animations have actually already been done, but I am looking at doing a face swap and some colour changes.

merman

sigh

Hello everyone.

Well - I have finally finished all the animation and graphics for the game. I have sent the last files to Arnoldemu (who has been working on the collision) and it's only taken me 12 years to do so. I'm in a different age bracket and a very different person from when I started all those years ago! I managed to finish this due to changing how I work on my projects were I pretty much solved the problem of getting burnout, which allowed me to continue the momentum of producing content.

Here are a few anims of the final level enemies:
The final boss - I had to recolour her design by giving her a yellow top and a wrap around her waist and head.

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. 

Her special move below is a one hit kill.

The soldiers attacks are all one hit kills apart from the special attack where she throws the stars on the ground:

You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

I have been looking into the music a little more again and was thinking that this style could also be interesting?You cannot view this attachment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiijm2GhKAA&t=1728s

VincentGR

||C|-|E||

jbaudrand

I follow this thread for more than ten years and as always I'll give money for the final game

ukmarkh

Hi, is this near completion. I'm almost fifty 🤣

sigh

Quote from: ukmarkh on 08:38, 19 July 22Hi, is this near completion. I'm almost fifty 🤣
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Artwork is all done and Arnoldemu is kindly working on the coding. I'm still pondering on sound effects.
The music - I do like that John Carpenter style, but it would be better to not have music play continuously all the way through, but instead have quiet spots to give more of an atmosphere.

Does anyone know any CPC games that have good sound effects that could be used for punching attacks? I love the beefy sounds that Double Dragon had on the arcade. Is it possible to produce that sort of sound on a CPC?

kawickboy

Renegade does have really sound effects to my opinion. On Target Renegade they are less realistic. 

After the war
Double Dragon 3 128ko
Are good too. 

sigh

Quote from: kawickboy on 22:57, 27 July 22Renegade does have really sound effects to my opinion. On Target Renegade they are less realistic.

After the war
Double Dragon 3 128ko
Are good too.
Renegade indeed has good sound effects. In fact - I would be happy to have those sound effects, as is, along as some form the Barbarian game. For this game though, I would swap them around:

1) Renegade back kick/fly kick sound effects put onto the punches instead.
2) Renegade punch sound effects onto body hits.
3) Barbarian game sound effects for some of the weapons.

kawickboy

Double Dragon 1/2 of course, 128ko by Richard Aplin, not the 3rd one.