General Category > Games

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

(1/113) > >>

sigh:
Hi. Would really appreciate some help on the graphic resolutions on these two games.

I want to ask what resolution Renegade and Target Renegade was made in. Its just that they are both using 16 colours but are larger in width than Mode 0 allows - even in overscan. If it were made using a mix of 2 resolutions (like "Sorcery") what were those resolutions?

Thanks!

Edit: I gave most of the games away to forum members, so I cant take a look!

arnoldemu:

--- Quote from: sigh on 18:17, 07 December 10 ---Hi. Would really appreciate some help on the graphic resolutions on these two games.

I want to ask what resolution Renegade and Target Renegade was made in. Its just that they are both using 16 colours but are larger in width than Mode 0 allows - even in overscan. If it were made using a mix of 2 resolutions (like "Sorcery") what were those resolutions?

Thanks!

Edit: I gave most of the games away to forum members, so I cant take a look!

--- End quote ---
Both use mode 0 for the main play area (sprites and backgrounds).

The screen is actually reduced down from normal mode 0 (160x200) to (128x192) to be almost the same as a spectrum screen size.

There is a mode change for mode 1 for a panel at the bottom.

sigh:
Thanks for the info.

That is so strange! Graphically the game is using wide pixels at being 160 x 200, but how did they make the width longer? Was is some how swapped around to 200x160 instead?

arnoldemu:

--- Quote from: sigh on 18:37, 07 December 10 ---Thanks for the info.

That is so strange! Graphically the game is using wide pixels at being 160 x 200, but how did they make the width longer? Was is some how swapped around to 200x160 instead?

--- End quote ---
Hmmm.. as far as I am aware the width of the screen is smaller than normal.

sigh:
That's why I was thinking that maybe there was a mix of 2 resolutions which is possible on the amstrad:

http://gfxzone.planet-d.net/articles/cpc_graphics-article_01.html

http://www.emunova.net/veda/test/1934.htm

..hmmm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version