News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

Started by sigh, 17:17, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Heheh nice ideas :D And of course looking great as always...

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:43, 03 August 20
Heheh nice ideas :D And of course looking great as always...
Cheers.

These are the gang types I had in mind many years ago:

1) Mohawks Gang (Electric cabling thievery)
2) Sports Gang (Illegal sports match fixing)
3) Builder Gang (Land grabbing or illegal logging?)
4) Mining gang (Illegal mining) has dogs in level
5) Mask wearing gang (Illegal pharmaceutical)
6) Sunglasses Gang        (Racketeering)
7) Suited gang         (Cult) (Final Boss)
I wanted to give each gang an operation in what they deal in, rather than just being "a gang" and not much more.

Gryzor

sigh

Hello everyone,
Just a quick update on the progress of this game. I have finished the boss for level 3.

Grab attack - elbow to flying knee finisher.

With her super move, she injects the player with a serum which causes a random status effect: Reverse controls, Poison and Coughing.The coughing one is shown, which interrupts the players moves.

Lastly, these are her throw and ground attacks

Tomorrow, I will be starting on the designs for the level 4 enemies.

ervin

Stunning work!
That is one brutal boss!

Gryzor

Long time no see, but this is just great!!!! If it was a KS project I'd back it in a split second...

amijim

well it seems somebody is going for free vacation in Greece  in Summer 2022!I would like to offer a week for the developers behind this project considering it will be finished.Summer of 2021 is already sold out to the people behind the ghosts and goblins Golem project and wonderboy!Mr Sigh contact me for the details.

Gryzor

ukmarkh

This could be the best Amstrad game of all time, especially if new CPC hardware is used to overcome memory limitations.

Will it still be called Target Renegade 2? Or Streets of Renegade...

Amazing work, please take your time and I don't mind paying for this unbelievable effort you've put in.

Thx

sigh

Quote from: amijim on 10:10, 10 February 21
well it seems somebody is going for free vacation in Greece  in Summer 2022!I would like to offer a week for the developers behind this project considering it will be finished.Summer of 2021 is already sold out to the people behind the ghosts and goblins Golem project and wonderboy!Mr Sigh contact me for the details.
Thank you! PM sent.

I have been designing the enemies for level 4 and also the level 4 boss. I'm hoping to have the designs finished this week.

roudoudou

Quote from: amijim on 10:10, 10 February 21
Maybe you will organize a CPC meeting (obviously with participation)  ;D
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

sigh

Here are the designs for the soldiers and the boss. It was tricky trying to make sure that they all look like they are from the same gang, for this particular level. Yellow and orange are the main tribe colours for this one. This is one the things I really liked about the second level enemies on Renegade, as they felt like a family which gave them a personality.

This gang is in the business of land grabbing. They force tenants out and then sell off the properties.

The others are currently:

Level 1 - Cable theft (the level is dark and has no lights)
Level 2- Match fixing (level is on the sports field/stadium)
Level 3 - illegal pharmacy (the level enemies have the face masks, but the boss is second in command, but she doesn't fit in and her soldiers dislike her).
Level 5 - illegal mining
Level 6 - Snow beach - a beach that has pot holes and slippery ice. Illegal tourism is exercised here by the gang.
Level 7 - Church tower. A gang that turned into a cult that deals in illegal logging.

amijim

I can really offer some kW of electricity  cost in my small hotel during the low season period as a kind gesture for the time spend programming on an old home computer. It is not a big deal and does good to the programmers and the karma.

kawickboy

Quote from: ukmarkh on 03:00, 12 February 21
This could be the best Amstrad game of all time, especially if new CPC hardware is used to overcome memory limitations.

Will it still be called Target Renegade 2? Or Streets of Renegade...

Amazing work, please take your time and I don't mind paying for this unbelievable effort you've put in.

Thx

Maybe Renegade Legacy

roudoudou

Quote from: ukmarkh on 03:00, 12 February 21
you mean, this won't run with a single tape loading on my 464?  :o
;)

sigh

The current name of the game (subject to change) is "No Holds Barred". It will be using a stock 6128 CPC.

roudoudou

Quote from: sigh on 12:41, 17 March 21
The current name of the game (subject to change) is "No Holds Barred". It will be using a stock 6128 CPC.
the coder approved?  :P

sigh

Arnoldemu is doing the coding. It was always 128kb game and if we can't fit something in, then we just drop it. There are a lot of animations, but we will discard the ones that can't fit into memory.

sigh

Hello; hope everyone is doing well.Just a quick update on the project; There has been some progression on the programming side of things which is looking great so far.I have finished animating the enemies and the boss (shown) for level 4. I am now designing the enemies for level 5

Gryzor

kawickboy

And what about the tunes ? On the 1st Renegade they sound perfect.

sigh

Quote from: kawickboy on 08:45, 14 June 21
And what about the tunes ? On the 1st Renegade they sound perfect.
For the music, I like the way Target Renegade does it with it's darker theme and that it plays a whole complete song through the whole level, rather than a looping tune like the first. I really like "Scorpio's Theme" from Dirty Harry as the music changes alot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFMHZdcQ1p4

Missy Elliot - Hit Em Wit Da Hee, also has a drastic change around 3:10 and transforms into something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ein59FLQ4

Attack On Titan - Counterattack Mankind has a lovely transformation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PuP7IkpRLU

I think it would be great to have this sort of music shifting in the game.

sigh

Here are the Level 5 soldiers. They are workmen/women who deal in illegal mining.

roudoudou

Quote from: sigh on 17:04, 13 June 21There has been some progression on the programming side of things which is looking great so far.
So what is done on the code side? Is Kevin alright?

sigh

Quote from: roudoudou on 06:58, 16 June 21
So what is done on the code side? Is Kevin alright?
Arnoldemu has been doing work on the scrolling, screen transitioning, collision, energy bars, character movement amongst other things.