News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quick question on Renegade/Target Renegade graphics

Started by sigh, 17:17, 07 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

sigh

Hi,

Further update for the 1st level boss moves:

Normal Punches to uppercut finisher. DONE
Wrestler Splash (Air attack, but can also land on top of a knocked down player) DONE
Walk. DONE
Jump. DONE

Strangle combo (Grab move) STARTED
Kick (instant stun)STARTED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not started:

Barge (Rushing attack = knock down)
Elbow (Behind attack = Knock down)
Throw

Strangle Hold (Ground Attack)
Double Attack (Move that performs on 2 players that are on either side of the boss)

Block
Dodge/duck/sway
Parry(Headlock Strangle)

Pick up weapons and objects too.

Thinking of calling the game "No Holds Barred" :) ......

romppainen

Quote from: sigh on 23:59, 24 June 13Thinking of calling the game "No Holds Barred" :) ......
You might get Hulk Hogan knocking on your door  ;D

sigh

Quote from: romppainen on 01:08, 26 June 13
You might get Hulk Hogan knocking on your door  ;D

Oh yeah?! I'll back suplex his butt! Never seen that film actually:p

Finished animating the kick and am now working on his elbow move while watching Wimbledon.

Puresox

Ha ha You arn't going to give him Tennis elbow are you!

sigh

Quote from: Puresox on 23:01, 26 June 13
Ha ha You arn't going to give him Tennis elbow are you!

You know....that's actually a really cool name for a tennis game:)

Gryzor

When I was a boy I had actually gotten Tetris elbow - from hours of tension while sitting on that cab...

sigh

Small update:

Elbow (Behind attack = Knock down)DONE
Kick (instant stun)DONE
Block DONE

Dodge/duck/sway STARTED
Strangle combo (Grab move strangle then punch player away) STARTED
Throw STARTED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not started:

Barge (Rushing attack = knock down)
Strangle Hold (Ground Attack)
Double Attack (Move that performs on 2 players that are on either side of the boss)

Parry(Headlock Strangle)Change*

Use weapon
Throw object
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The parry headlock will now either be an arm leg break on the player effecting either there movement(by slowing them done) or attacks(by making them weaker) for a while.

Not too sure if I mentioned this, but I am removing one of the weapon animations - the baseball bat swing. This weapon swing is now an overhead swing which means that it can be used with all type of weapons from knives, bats,chains etc. and has the benefit of being able to hit floored opponents.

Another benefit is that I might be able to delete some sprite torso's.

Gryzor

This chain swing made me wonder: will there be blood? Red blood?

sigh

I'm not too sure about blood or puking up when being hit, but there will be a hit effect as that will give the moves a more weighty feel.

Gryzor

Good, because otherwise Boots may not stock it :D

sigh

Got home late today so I wont finish the throw till the weekend:(
I've have already planned out the finishing move after he picks you up strangle shakes you twice, which I'm pleased about.

His parry has now been finalised and will now be a 2 frame bearhug that snaps the players back:)

@Gryzor. I would love to see Boots stock game :)

Gryzor

Also: no boobs on the cover. You've been warned.

sigh

Helloooo!

He can now dodge. Having to re-animate the strangle hold move in order to make the animation work with the punch finishing move. This means drawing an extra pair of legs. Also, the throw I animated will work better for using weapons instead, which is good news, but this means that I will have to come up with another idea for throwing.

I plan to get these solved over the weekend.

sigh

Re-animated the strangle and didn't like it, so I went back to the original idea. I had to spend a bit of time getting the finisher to work with it, but it looks fine now.

So what's left?

Boss:

Throw
Parry
Hit reactions
Ground Fighting
Bear hug (Parry)
Throw large object

I may have to re animate one move for the main male character which is his ground fighting move. This is in order to keep the animation timings the same as the female player and boss character.

sigh

Finished the Throw!

Now drawing the frame for throwing large objects which I'll finish tomorrow lunch time. I'll probably start on the hit reactions next. One thing about this boss - his big greedy torso is taking up a lot sheet space! Not too sure if I'll do another large torso boss.....

1) Mohawk punk gang                          - Residential area          Boss Type: HEAVY MALE
4) Female gang                                     - 2 floor music club       Boss Type: NORMAL FEMALE
3) Hoodie wearing, moped riding gang - The bridge                  Boss Type: NORMAL MALE
2) Football shirt wearing gang             -  Park,                           Boss Type: HEAVY FEMALE
5) Mask wearing gang                           - Underground Sewer: Boss Type: NORMAL MALE
6) Prison gang                                       - Prison                         Boss Type: NORMAL MALE

remax

Quote from: sigh on 23:36, 27 June 13
You know....that's actually a really cool name for a tennis game:)

That's the name of a great serie of PC tennis game :)
Brain Radioactivity

sigh

Quote from: remax on 19:05, 12 August 13
That's the name of a great serie of PC tennis game :)

Just had a look! Cool looking game and interesting how the camera is in a fixed position and there is no scrolling what at all:)

I'm currently off work so will be spending a lot of time from tomorrow morning and the weeks ahead, finishing the boss anims. Didn't finish the throwing object so will do that tomorrow, then I will go straight onto the hit reactions:)

Bear hug - Started
Throw large object (work in progress)

Parry
Hit reactions
Ground Fighting

sigh

Throw large object frames is done.

Now starting the hit reactions as they are only one frame:

Global Hit Reactions which consist of the following:

Left hit pose
Right hit pose
K.O (airborne)pose
Straight hit pose
Stomach pose
K.O on floor pose

It looking more and more likely that I may need a 3rd Sheet for this guys torso!

I also need to do hit reaction anims of him being grabbed in a headlock, grabbed from behind, grabbed by the hair, head slammed (by the female) and choked!

I think this will be a very enjoyable boss to fight against.

sigh

These have now been completed:

Left hit pose
Right hit pose
K.O (airborne)pose
Straight hit pose
Stomach pose
K.O on floor pose

However - I have to animate the second part of the hit reactions:

Headlocked and punched in face (male player) - started
Arm locked  (by both players)
Choked from behind (by both players)
Hair grabbed and kneed in face (female player)
Ground fighting (by both players)
Choked out (by male player)
Head Bashed (by female player)
Being picked up from ground

That will be all the reaction completed for a large character. Once these are done, I can finally start animating the last few bits:)

sigh

Quick update:

Headlocked and punched in face (male player) - DONE
Hair grabbed and kneed in face (female player) - DONE
Ground fighting/pummel (by both players) - DONE

Head Bashed (by female player) - STARTED

Arm locked  (by both players)
Headlock choked out (by male player)

Gryzor

So if you have  heavy/normal male/females, can you put a 'top-heavy female' in there too? ;)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:31, 07 September 13
So if you have  heavy/normal male/females, can you put a 'top-heavy female' in there too? ;)

I think that should be possible as it would just be a case of expanding the chest area to create a large female version.

I'm really looking forward to finishing this large torso set. Things are going to be SOOOOOOooooo much quicker! When I traced the enemy animations from the main player animations it took no time at all! The backgrounds - I'm thinking of simplifying in order to have more interactivity with the backgrounds such as being able to jump on top of a car, bounce off a corner of a wall, more objects to smash the enemy into, stairs they can use etc.
This would make the players journey far more intesting and varied through the levels, though by doing this, the backgrounds would need to be less detailed.

sigh

A quick update on the hit reactions:

Head Bashed (by female player) - DONE
Arm locked  (by both players) -     DONE

Headlock choked out (by male player) - STARTED

Will finish the Headlock choke today then start on the behind choke.

sigh

Okay,

Headlock choked out (by male player) - DONE
Choked from behind (male) - DONE

SO I have these left to do:

1) Choked from behind (female)
2) Being picked up from ground

I'm going to change the female version of "Choking the boss from behind" into a neck bite instead. I'll be working on this set throughout this week.

Then I can start these last few animation:

1) Parry
2) Bear Hug
3) Ground fight (strangle)
4) Double Attack