News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

R-Type

Started by Keith A Goodyer, 04:08, 25 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

fano

Quote from: Xyphoe on 05:23, 20 January 11I would say there is a 'wish list' for the Easter Egg CPC port, and there's lots of request being posted around various forums and in the vid comments.
No problem ,we are taking time to read all messages but that takes a lot of time so we can not reply all.Some points are design choices or technical constraints but we are aware (JCVD was here) about others.

Quote from: Xyphoe on 05:23, 20 January 11Really though, I think the main thing would be looking at improving the scrolling of the level areas, it could just be emulation but it doesn't appear to be that much smoother than the original although thankfully we don't have it appearing in chunks at the side of the screen (yuck!)
The scrolling is smoother than original but we are using mode 0 so artifacts on heavy loaded zones are more visible because the pixel width.It is less but still visible on a real CPC and i still have some technics (except improving its speed as i think i reached maximal optimisation w/ axelay trick (not in this video)) to check to improve this as best as possible (in fact , we made the choice to use a simple buffer to save speed and memory)
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

dj_king

TotO

Stage1 look is nice, but ... Stage 2 look better ... Stage 4 is incredible ... Stage 6 look amazing and ...

Cheers ! :D

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ukmarkh

Quote from: TotO on 12:45, 20 January 11
Original arcade laser don't have color cycling.

It must depend on the version, or revision model... the arcade cab I have sitting at home in my garage, i'm 99.9% sure changes colour on the laser. Also, i'm sure the arcade perfect port of R-Types on the PS1 shows the colour changing from a light blue to a light purple. I might be wrong though, doubt has now entered my mind... will have to check when I get home.

TotO

My R-Type PCB don't have laser color cycling, M.A.M.E. "world" ROM set don't have too.
I have take a look on youtube : Arcade longplay don't display this feature, and R-Types PS1 longplay ... Not more.

But ... We can try.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

sigh

On the MSX forum:

http://www.msx.org/forumtopic12252.html

My Spanish isn't even a tenth up to scratch!! Anyone out there able to give a general idea on the MSX clans views on the new remake? I know we had the Atari views....

*doh!!! Using the translation tool. Sorry....it's been a long day...

TFM

Any idea about the release date? Don't hurry, but I can't wait so see it :-))))
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

viddi

*cough*

Any news on a release date?! ;)

TotO

Hi!

We are always working on it. It's around 90% finished.
The first expected release date was for "easter", but we have to improve it and... doing with the real life too.
Please stay tuned, you will not be disapointed! :D

norecess

Keep on the great polishing! In the end, that will be really appreciated.

fano

Thx , we are late because some things were not enough good (to keep the feeling of some epic situations for eg) for us so we had to redo them from scratch.Events in real life have too something to do with that.
I must admit i am very impatient to release it (not only for this one but to continue other projects too) but we still have a lot of work before.I just hope you'll enjoy it as myself when i test a build on my CPC  ;)

Quote from: TotO on 12:02, 07 February 11Stage1 look is nice, but ... Stage 2 look better ... Stage 4 is incredible ... Stage 6 look amazing and ...
You said that because you didn't see Stage 3  :laugh:

TotO

MacDeath

Bin bon courage les gars... 8)

If we can play it this summer, would be a great summer hit.

viddi

Cool! Thanks a lot for your info and your hard work, guys!

You´re awesome. :)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fano

No impressive news , the project is still on progress , original levels are nearly complete.

TFM

Quote from: fano on 08:21, 28 July 11
No impressive news , the project is still on progress , original levels are nearly complete.

Yes!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

Hey Fano,

Keep up the good work! When it's finally released it's going to be one of the better CPC conversions around  8)

jbaudrand

That's what I like in retro, otpimization, no patching.
bonne continuation les gars, vous nous faites rêver.

TFM

Ja genau, so schaugts aus. Haltet's Euch ran, des wird schon noch! :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

R-Type rulez... But, for waiting few weeks again, you can listen the iXien's stage 2 music in loop, here :
http://totoonthemoon.free.fr/musiques/cpc/r-type/stage2_loop.mp3

Enjoy!  :D

Gryzor

Really lovely tune, I can hear it in my head accompanying an R-Type level pretty well!

Reminds me of Batman the Movie...

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:00, 30 September 11
Really lovely tune
YES!
Now, imagine that it's the "worst" of the game...  :-X

spybro

Quote from: TotO on 12:20, 03 October 11
YES!
Now, imagine that it's the "worst" of the game...  :-X

and when will we stop imagining?

TotO

Sorry to share my enjoyment about the music work.
I'm the first to be impatient about the game release... In some weeks.