News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Regular model CPC Ghosts'n'Goblins remake?

Started by FD, 19:06, 21 May 22

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Even though we enjoyed the Amstrad version we were always secretly envious of the C64 version. I know there is a great Plus version - but I would love to have a version on CPC even in the vein of the C64 version...I heard rumours that the Amstrad version was unfinished and it looks like it...so a proper version would be cool. Just wondered if there was anyone working on such a remake?

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

FD

Thanks but I meant "regular" model 464/6128 not plus

TotO

It is already difficult to do a good port of the arcade to the Plus, so imagine for the CPC... The C64 version is not really good, so if it is the goal to reach, sure the CPC can. It was the second project of Easter Egg after R-Type, but it was cancelled 10 years ago for any (good) reasons.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

abalore

The original C64 version is crap, only 3 levels (and very short) and the enemy mechanics are very bad. Then there is a remake in 2015 that is much better. Both of them can be perfectly done in a CPC because the count of sprites is never very high. I think is a perfect game for cartridge.

FD

Quote from: TotO on 09:20, 22 May 22It is already difficult to do a good port of the arcade to the Plus, so imagine for the CPC... The C64 version is not really good, so if it is the goal to reach, sure the CPC can. It was the second project of Easter Egg after R-Type, but it was cancelled 10 years ago for any (good) reasons.

I know it wouldn't be easy - but I have always wanted to see what a version (cut down yes) version on CPC would look like if it was closer to C64 version. I think I vaguely remember hearing about the Easter Egg project - now that you mention it. I wouldn't expect the Plus version - but perhaps a reengineered CPC one.

FD

Quote from: abalore on 11:39, 22 May 22The original C64 version is crap, only 3 levels (and very short) and the enemy mechanics are very bad. Then there is a remake in 2015 that is much better. Both of them can be perfectly done in a CPC because the count of sprites is never very high. I think is a perfect game for cartridge.
I don't know if I'd call it crap. At the time - the music in particular - blew everyone away. Amstrad is not too shabby on that score either...with all of the remakes around, like R-Type etc - I would have thought GnG would have been on the cards...