News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Request: CNGsoft cracks that work on Plus machines.

Started by Shaun M. Neary, 07:04, 27 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to convert a bunch of games over to 3" discs. So far so good, CNGSoft's stuff is really making the most out of the 178k.

Problem is there are a few titles that the keyboard on the plus machines won't pick up.

Batman - The Caped Crusader
Monty On The Run
Sacred Armour Of Antiriad (Works, but nukes with a reset when the joystick is moved to the right)
Sim City
Mr Heli.

I'm fairly certain these have been patched to run on a GX4000, but does anyone have dsk's of them, or know where I can find em? CNG's page is where I got mine, but the Plus machines don't wanna know  :(

Appreciate the help, as always!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Nich

I included a patch in my own crack of The Sacred Armour of Antiriad which should work on Plus machines - although as I don't actually own a Plus machine, I can't be certain if it works on the real thing! :laugh:

As always, you can download it from NVG.

I'm afraid I can't help with any of CNGSoft's cracks, though.

dragon

The plus keyboard patch are made by urusergi, ask he  about it.He know how decompress\compress cngsoft games.

Another are taken from prepatched versions of the 90 crackers.

Phantomz

@Shaun M. Neary

If you don't mind the keys being changed for the gx4000, Urusergi's " Monty on the Run " is available in the following.....

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg115777/#msg115777

Shaun M. Neary

Many thanks for the responses. I've discovered a couple of things since this post.

Batman - The Caped Crusader in the GX4000 isn't CNG's. I found the version that works on CPC-Power. It's a bit larger than I'd hoped, but I can live with that unless urusergi can help. I'll drop him a PM shortly.

Mr Heli, I found a working version with a Plus hack on CPC Power, also a little larger than CNG's version, but at least it works on the plus.

The keys being changed in Monty On The Run won't bother me as I'm a joystick user, so that's perfect. Thanks

Nich, I'll try your patch. I'm not sure which version of Antiriad I'm using, I'll try your version and see how I get on though, thank you.

That just leaves Sim City. Any takers?
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Phantomz

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:46, 27 January 18
Many thanks for the responses. I've discovered a couple of things since this post.

Batman - The Caped Crusader in the GX4000 isn't CNG's. I found the version that works on CPC-Power. It's a bit larger than I'd hoped, but I can live with that unless urusergi can help. I'll drop him a PM shortly.

Mr Heli, I found a working version with a Plus hack on CPC Power, also a little larger than CNG's version, but at least it works on the plus.

The keys being changed in Monty On The Run won't bother me as I'm a joystick user, so that's perfect. Thanks

Nich, I'll try your patch. I'm not sure which version of Antiriad I'm using, I'll try your version and see how I get on though, thank you.

That just leaves Sim City. Any takers?

I know @dragon worked on the ppi bug fix for Sim City, not sure if it works ok, you can find it here.....

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg112077/#msg112077

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:56, 27 January 18
I know @dragon worked on the ppi bug fix for Sim City, not sure if it works ok, you can find it here.....

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/converted-gx4000-cpr-the-topic/msg112077/#msg112077

Thanks guys. I'll give it a go now and report back with the results.  :)

Shaun M. Neary

@Phantomz , @dragon THANK YOU!

Simcity works perfectly. Fully joystick controlled.
It's a bit better than the version I had, file size so it won't fit on the intended disk but that's not a show stopper, I can just fill that with another smaller game. :D :D

cngsoft

It's been a while since I checked the forum: life is very busy nowadays, I must take six exams  (Comp Sci postdegree) in nine days.

Indeed, my compactages (I'm not fond of the word "crack", I'm not really breaking anything in pieces) are incompatible with the Amstrad Plus hardware when the game itself already was incompatible. I added compatibility fixes in very few titles (LED Storm, Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Eliminator) only because I was already aware of them; I didn't test the remaining games on Plus hardware or on their emulators.

When things are quieter here, I promise to go back to my compactages and start writing compatibility patches for Plus hardware.
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

Shaun M. Neary

No problem at all, please don't take my post with any disrespect. I love the work you've done.

But since falling back in love with playing on proper hardware. It's only recently that I've began to notice whats compatible and what isn't.
Please do let me know when you go back to work on them. I'm keeping a list of what suffers the keyboard bug, so I'll be happy to send on anything I find when you go to correct them.  :)

Also - best of luck with your exams. College was something I failed at miserably. I dropped out twice. So I understand how stressful and busy it is.

SOS

Quote from: cngsoft on 22:14, 27 January 18
I added compatibility fixes in very few titles (LED Storm, Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Eliminator) only because I was already aware of them; I didn't test the remaining games on Plus hardware or on their emulators.
when you add compatibility fixes, please could you left the Memory BE80-BF1F untouched?
So this will raise the compatibility too.

kawickboy

Last WE in the french retro-computer meeting AC 2019 (former Atari Connexion) i played lots of your cracks and you did a great job, like your Addams Family release.

cngsoft

One year later, I passed all the exams, then I passed more exams, and one month ago I completed the postdegree: the final project was an Amstrad CPC emulator. I guess I cannot betray my origins :-(
Quote from: SOS on 19:40, 07 April 19when you add compatibility fixes, please could you left the Memory BE80-BF1F untouched?
So this will raise the compatibility too.
That area of memory is very convenient for my compactages to either keep their routines there or use it as a temporary bootstrap when restoring the firmware. What makes it special on the Plus?
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

GUNHED

This area is used for some expanded DOS. For example DOS for M4 card, SF3 card and maybe others.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

SOS

Quote from: cngsoft on 21:53, 08 April 19
That area of memory is very convenient for my compactages to either keep their routines there or use it as a temporary bootstrap when restoring the firmware. What makes it special on the Plus?

Gunhead is Right. For the MassStorage-Device-OS's there is no alternative to use this area.
e.g. XMASS, Symbiface 2+3, Winape-IDE -> All systems are out of function, when you're using this area.
You must using Floppies on an CPC although with e.g. connected USB-Stick.
Also very annoying, if your CPC has no floppy because you e.g. only have connected an XMASS.