News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sandman on the Amstrad CPC

Started by Gryzor, 12:24, 19 August 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Anyone seen the Netflix series yet? Lady of the house says it's pretty good and close to the original material; haven't watched it yet myself even though I loved the comic books as a teen.

Anyhow, did you know the only Sandman videogame is a homebrew CPC adventure game? No? Neither did I until today:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/inside-the-secret-the-sandman-video-game-nobody-has-ever-heard-of/

Gryzor

rexbeng

Memories have faded but I remember talking to The Electric Monk during the Megablasters' launch party in Germany a loooot of years ago. He owned a video digitizer of some sort for the CPC and he experimented a lot with it. I remember seeing some Monty Python clips he had created, playing in mode 1/4 colour slideshow-ish glory and digitized sound! He offered to digitize some scenes from a couple of anime movies on copied VHS tapes I happened to carry with me to give to another scener, and that was quite a novelty for me.

In fact, it's amazing how all those processes have gotten so much simpler (from post processing media to extracting and converting stills to swapping movies with people abroad!) :o

Gryzor

Oh I remember scanning some pages of comic books (Druuna amongst them :D ) with my mate back in the early 90s, using a handheld scanner and a 386SX because... we could. SO COOL.