News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Spirograph - new (old) BASIC game/novelty

Started by dthrone, 11:30, 19 December 22

Previous topic - Next topic

dthrone

I recently got hold of my original 6128+ and discs, luckily everything is still in working order so I'm seeing what may be of interest on there and will upload anything I find for preservation-sake.

Attached is an unpublished BASIC program 'Spiro' written by my Dad (Stuart Haywood) probably around '91/'92. It is based on the popular Spirograph drawing set (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirograph) and allows you make similar plots on your CPC. 

I won't write any detailed instructions, the best thing to do is play around with the parameters and see what works and what doesn't.  The program does present a diagram with some explanation though.  You can overlay multiple drawings to produce more complex patterns.  I've attached a few examples I made just playing about with it.

The program is presented in its original form, I've made no attempt to tweak or polish it in any way, so take it as it is  :D

Tip:  Save an emulator snapshot before you overlay another diagram in case you're not happy with it.  Which leads me on to say that there is also a Spiro 2 with a load/save feature but I've not transferred it from the CPC yet.

Gryzor

Thanks, gonna play with it!

How nice you found all your (and your dad's) disks in working order! 

Animalgril987

That looks great. I'm gonna have to find time to play with.
Nice one!