News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Street Fighter II - CPC Edition

Started by AugustoRuiz, 13:24, 24 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

There is an articule in RetroManiac with new information and pics!

http://retromaniacmagazine.blogspot.com.es/2016/10/la-conversion-de-street-figher-2-para.html

it is in spanish but there is a buttom in the up-right to traslate it !

Gryzor

Dear gods this made me drool!!!

||C|-|E||

It is really great to see that it is progressing nicely!  :D

sigh

CraigsBar

Wow! How is that possible? It looks like being a good CPC year ahead.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

villain

Is this really the same machine like I own? Impossible!

What about controllers? With a normal joystick?

dragon

AugustoRuiz

Quote from: villain on 18:34, 27 November 16
Is this really the same machine like I own? Impossible!

What about controllers? With a normal joystick?

It requires two buttons that actually behave as two buttons (like the gx4000 pads). Regular joysticks usually have only one - several instances of the same one)

Prodatron

This is crazy, Augusto!  :o

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

AugustoRuiz

Thank you very much!
I'm working my electronics a little bit. I would like to release the physical version as a cartridge... to reduce loading times and have more memory to have more frames and smoother animations (and that would also mean it would work on 464s too!). I'm guessing I'll have some time while graphics are made. What you see is ripped gfx, not cleaned - except background and some Ryu anims (stand and walk)
Ideas about this particular matter are very welcome.

||C|-|E||

It looks really awesome!  :)

TotO

It look promising. I can imagine all the work that remain to made that gameplay engine a full game.
Good luck for all the players and stages implementations !  ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

sigh

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 22:55, 27 November 16
Thank you very much!
I'm working my electronics a little bit. I would like to release the physical version as a cartridge... to reduce loading times and have more memory to have more frames and smoother animations (and that would also mean it would work on 464s too!). I'm guessing I'll have some time while graphics are made. What you see is ripped gfx, not cleaned - except background and some Ryu anims (stand and walk)
Ideas about this particular matter are very welcome.

It's looking very good. I like that you removed the scrolling backgrounds for now, but I suppose you could always put it in for the cartridge version, though personally I would rather see the interactive backgrounds, like being smashed into the boards or barrels like in the original.
The character that I've been wondering about the most is Dhalsim. You'll most likely will need a limb that doesn't have any ends on either side so that you can tile/link them together to make them stretch by sliding it along the axis. You could then have a separate fist and a foot sprite that you stick at the end of the limb. The same limb could be used for both the legs and arms and could have 2 angles: Horizontal and Diagonal.

kawickboy

How many characters would you like to include ? The original 8, 12 or less ?

villain

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 20:01, 27 November 16

It requires two buttons that actually behave as two buttons (like the gx4000 pads). Regular joysticks usually have only one - several instances of the same one)

So which controllers are we going to use when the game is finished? Is something still available in the retro-world?

AugustoRuiz

Any CPC compatible joystick with 2 separate buttons, such as the gx4000 pads. Or the keyboard.

villain

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 18:35, 29 November 16
Any CPC compatible joystick with 2 separate buttons, such as the gx4000 pads. Or the keyboard.

Yep, that's what I understood.  ;) But in whole Germany you will not find more than 12 GX4000-pads, at least seven oft them not working anymore. Personally I own none of them and can't imagine playing a game like SF2 on the keyboard. So it would be cool to have some actual, buyable pads.

AugustoRuiz

There will be a redefine function. That way you can use a Megadrive pad.
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Digital_Joystick_Related

GOB

Quote from: villain on 20:26, 29 November 16
Yep, that's what I understood.  ;) But in whole Germany you will not find more than 12 GX4000-pads, at least seven oft them not working anymore. Personally I own none of them and can't imagine playing a game like SF2 on the keyboard. So it would be cool to have some actual, buyable pads.

Easy to repair. Contacts are the same than a nes pad !!!

HAL6128

@villain
...or build one for yourself. It's not that difficulty. I've done it for myself too...
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/cpc-laptop/msg96918/#msg96918
...inspired by this...
http://www.cpcmania.com/Docs/Arcade/Arcade.htm
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

BSC

Quote from: Joseman on 15:44, 27 November 16
https://mobile.twitter.com/pagantipaco/status/802500836332945410/video/1

This is awesome! Looks almost like the SNES version (it IS the SNES version, right? you are making fun of us.. right? RIGHT!?  ;D )

Keep it up, Augusto, you rock!

And I'll challenge anyone here when the game is available  8)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

andycadley

Having played a couple of the single fire button versions of SFII, the GX pad is definitely the way to go. Kick and punch buttons are the absolute minimum requirement.