News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Street Fighter II - CPC Edition

Started by AugustoRuiz, 13:24, 24 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Ast

Is this project discontinued ????

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

CraigsBar

Quote from: Ast on 18:30, 17 September 14
Is this project discontinued ????
I really hope not. It was looking amazing.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

arnoldemu

Quote from: Ast on 18:30, 17 September 14
Is this project discontinued ??? ?
I would expect a project of this size to take many years to complete.
Here I talk about where developers have family and jobs.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

sigh

I agree. A project like this is in for the long haul, but I believe that it will get done.

Joseman

Nobody knows...

Any CPC version of SF2 will be cursed...

U.S. Gold throw a spell on it back in the day and now it's impossible to finish any attempt of doing it.

it's true!! a pink unicorn told me!!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Joseman on 23:23, 18 September 14
Nobody knows...

Any CPC version of SF2 will be cursed...

U.S. Gold throw a spell on it back in the day and now it's impossible to finish any attempt of doing it.

it's true!! a pink unicorn told me!!
hee hee.

I heard from a leprechaun that it was coming, but only on the CPC 472.

Craig.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

AugustoRuiz

We're still working on it, but progress is being really slow. Hard to cram all of it in 128kb. And work is really busy since quite a while...

But it will be done.

Xifos

The most important is that you're enjoying doing it.
;)

Gryzor

Yup. It'd be nice if you shared some of the progress though :)

sigh

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 18:06, 22 November 14
We're still working on it, but progress is being really slow. Hard to cram all of it in 128kb. And work is really busy since quite a while...

But it will be done.

Has any new features have been added on since the last video?

MacDeath

Just ask Tiertex to do it...

problem solved.

Joseman

Quote from: MacDeath on 03:11, 29 November 14
Just ask Tiertex to do it...

problem solved.

Are there any list of games that tiertex destroyed/raped on CPC?

MacDeath

CPCpower seems to fail to aknowledge about Tiertex involvement in this massive Amstrad rape... :laugh:

perhaps more at CPCrulez :
CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 TIERTEX

here an article about the making-of (porting-off) Strider.
CPCRULEZ &#9733 GAME &#9733 MAKING OF "STRIDER 1"{UK}

another great disapointment :
CPCRULEZ &#9733 GAME &#9733 MAKING OF "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"{UK}
yeah... speccy port at its worth worst...
They couldn't even get the sprite in different colours despite those being "masked sprites" even on speccy.
The same sort of port as blacktiger while Stirder is somewhat superiorly ported (speccy wise).

all of them were just a waste of good licenses/franchises on CPC.
But to be fair Tiertex somewhat managed to produce a few almost decent games as well... I mean some of those games were actually good on speccy so the CPC version wasn't totally bad...

AlienStorm per example was not bad at all, for once.
Last duel manage to be in "real Mode1" as well.
Thunderblade is in Mode0... but yeah, slow speccyport anyway with some badly ported graphics (can see whole lines instead of ditherings here and there.
and so on.

Point is : they had to produce massive Arcade licenses and mostly fails almost everytime to product something decent of it on the CPC.

sorry was a bit out of topic but fun.  :D

Carnivius

Quote from: MacDeath on 14:15, 29 November 14
Point is : they had to produce massive Arcade licenses and mostly fails almost everytime to product something decent of it on the CPC.

Oi, UN Squadron is in their list of games so they can't be all that bad.   I enjoyed their Strider 2 (original game rather than an arcade port).  Actually I prefer it to the official Capcom Strider 2 that was on arcade/PS1 many years later (which I found to be a nicely presented but totally vapid and bland attempt at resurrecting the series).

Hm, just remembered I got UN Squadron and Strider 2 on the same birthday and they have similar box design.  That was a good birthday (and actually the only time I can recall having friends come round and spend the day with me and give me presents.  That was over 20 years ago?  Dang, my life is lonely...)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

MacDeath

Of course there were a few exceptions... ;D

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I still enjoyed playing indiana jones despite the spectrum port nastiness. But it could have been so much better. Even different coloured sprites, even if still monochrome. E.g., Dark Red Background tiles, Orange/Yellow foreground tiles,

But I guess they ported that 4KB buffer code from the Spectrum (for vertical blank syncing) straight into the CPC version, hence the full mono experience. A basic hack-up of the game would require changing the rendering code entirely to work directly with the display (maybe via a double buffer) - and that probably would make it 128KB only - and as soon as that happens you might as well redo the graphics anyway...

Carnivius

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 11:27, 30 November 14
I still enjoyed playing indiana jones despite the spectrum port nastiness. But it could have been so much better. Even different coloured sprites, even if still monochrome. E.g., Dark Red Background tiles, Orange/Yellow foreground tiles,

Bit of brown, grey or orange or whatever, would have been nice for caves and Indy himself making his sprite a lot more recognisable as him.   All blue seems a weird choice that seems to be done just for clarity with the lack of colour more than anything else.   Damn speccy ports...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Carnivius

Here's a quick rough edit of what I meant by the Indy Mode 1 colours.

Reshaped various parts and details of the sprite too.    For the full effect I'd have to redo the tiles from scratch and give them much more volume and use of the colours (all I did was add a bit of shading to the rocks and quick colour swaps on the rest) but I'm quite happy with more accurate Indy himself looks even with the limit in colours.

and the screenshot I used from the game.

Gryzor

dcdrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:13, 30 November 14
Wow that's beautiful.

i think so too so what stopped the original looking like that?

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:13, 30 November 14
Wow that's beautiful.

Eh, really?  Aw, now I wish I had the time to give the tiles a proper make-over.   :)

Hm, just realised this topic's gone astray.  I didn't realise it was still the SFIICPC topic.  Got confused thinking it was about Tiertex.   ???

sigh

Quote from: AugustoRuiz on 18:06, 22 November 14
Hard to cram all of it in 128kb.

Was wondering if this is going to need more than one disk? I think that the Amiga version of Streetfighter 2 came on 4.

TFM

Yes, but since Amiga discs have a weird format, and due to this it's lifespan is very limited, I assume it was 4 times the same disc.  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Lovely, and so simple a change too!