News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Street Fighter II - CPC Edition

Started by AugustoRuiz, 13:24, 24 September 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Since the thread is so quietly, here it is the last msx2 Street Fighter 2 video, renamed now to Pointless Fighting:

Pointless Fighting first play - YouTube

Gryzor

TotO

The music is played toooooo slow...  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Joseman

The IA of the cpu player it's very decent, they act a little like the arcade, i think it's a good work on this side, not only graphics

sigh

Quote from: Joseman on 15:17, 22 January 15
Since the thread is so quietly, here it is the last msx2 Street Fighter 2 video, renamed now to Pointless Fighting:

Pointless Fighting first play - YouTube

WOW!!! That is superb!

Music is slow, but it's all work in progress.

This link has the older version with the music made for the MSX2 RAM pack:

Street Fighter beta for MSX2 - YouTube

remax

Quote from: TotO on 15:31, 22 January 15
The music is played toooooo slow...  :-\

It's the easy listening version...
Brain Radioactivity

MiguelSky

Nice graphics and the IA looks like correct, yes, but technically it yet miss two main features: scroll and animated backgrounds. At least, the Spectrum version has onmidirectional scroll and the C64 version a vertical one. This only seems a fast and colorful The Way of the Exploding Fist.

sigh

Quote from: MiguelSky on 07:13, 23 January 15
Nice graphics and the IA looks like correct, yes, but technically it yet miss two main features: scroll and animated backgrounds. At least, the Spectrum version has onmidirectional scroll and the C64 version a vertical one. This only seems a fast and colorful The Way of the Exploding Fist.

Personally, I think that the missing animated backgrounds are not important for the gameplay so I wouldn't really call it a main feature that would ruin the experience.
In regards to scrolling, the characters are big so it definitely changes how the game is played. In this case I still reckon that the other version would play better:

MSX Street Figther 2

Although the characters in this version aren't anything like the arcade and small, the amount of background space negates the need for any scrolling.
I also think that though the characters are small and nicely animated, they could still be drawn better to resemble the arcade.

chinnyhill10

I just reviewed the Speccy version and made mention of the aborted CPC version. Anyone know the status of the remake?

ChinnyVision - Ep 57 - Street Fighter 2 - Sinclair Spectrum
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

robcfg

I played the work in progress version some time ago and was looking fantastic.

I guess real life gets in the way of CPC development  ;D

dragon

At the end there will be the plus version ? (or best 4cpc version :) ).

Joseman

forget about plus, plus sucks, only cpc classic is the real deal

CraigsBar

Quote from: Joseman on 13:38, 03 May 15
and *that* is the exact thinking that meant the majority of plus games were straight CPC ports. The plus does offer real benefits if used correctly. And with the c4cpc I hope we will start to see these sooner rather than later.

If you don't have (or want) a plus then that is fine. But to knock it as a beneficial platform helps no one and will fragment the community. Which in my opinion should be avoided.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Joseman

the cpc plus, the only thing that achieved is to stole good games to the cpc classic: pang, navy seals, robocop 2... the rest was a total falliure, only for this, the cpc plus must never saw the light of day

andycadley

Quote from: Joseman on 15:08, 03 May 15
the cpc plus, the only thing that achieved is to stole good games to the cpc classic: pang, navy seals, robocop 2... the rest was a total falliure, only for this, the cpc plus must never saw the light of day

Yeah, the Speccy port versions we'd have got otherwise would be so much better. Thankfully there isn't anyone interested in the Plus machines, as the total lack of interest in Gerald's C4CPC shows...

Joseman

this games are ocean games, when ocean did speccy ports???

and the asic not being 100% compatible with the cpc classic, what a joke. they even do the keyboard scanning right, c'mon really??

robcfg

Well, if just only for the palette, the plus range is worth it.

I do really hope we get cool new productions that take advantage of the plus features!

TFM

Quote from: Joseman on 13:38, 03 May 15

Can you please stop smiting our beloved 6128 Plus!?! Go to the c64 forum if you want to do that. Or make a better computer by your self.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

It's a well known fact that the Plus series was too little, too late, much under-marketed and plagued with lack of corporate devotion.

That said, to say it doesn't have its merits is... Silly.

TFM

Well, I really don't know about all that too late - too little and so on. But isn't that true for pretty much 90% of all sucessors in the computer (and also console) market?

Whatever. I remember I was damn glad when I got my 6128 Plus back the day (hat to sell a computer with HD64180 CPU for it...). And I've been surprised and overwhelmed by the vast amount of additional possibilities. My first thought was "WoW! That's a complete new system!". And I still like it very much.  8)   :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Quote from: andycadley on 15:28, 03 May 15
Yeah, the Speccy port versions we'd have got otherwise would be so much better. Thankfully there isn't anyone interested in the Plus machines, as the total lack of interest in Gerald's C4CPC shows...
ROFL, and the increase in gx4000 sales on eBay also.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:31, 03 May 15
ROFL, and the increase in gx4000 sales on eBay also.

The only limit is their availability.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Joseman

and when a cpc coder is going to release a cpc classic game or thinking on doing a cpc classic game, some people ALWAYS says that better go for a plus version because of the hardware sprites bla bla bla. I get offended with this kind of things, if you want cpc  plus features go and do it for yourself, let the cpc classic coders alone and  let the cpc classic releases alone!

robcfg

I don't understand why you are so mad at people wanting to see improved versions of games, or new releases.

If you want to make a game only for standard CPC, just go for it! If that's what you want to do, why do you care about people asking for plus releases?

It's a bit the same situation as with Carnivac wanting to stick with his beloved 464. It's ok, and as that is his desire, he should go for it. But imagine him saying that the 6128 shouldn't have seen the light of the day because he prefers the 464. That would be overkill, right?

Just chill out, and do whatever you want, it isn't worth the time bashing a machine because you don't like it.

Joseman

well the 6128 was a necessary improvement over the 464 (I had a 464 back in the day), even i think that the 464 must be a 4128 from the start to compensate the 16k's screens with double buffering or to compensate the tape load with one single load.

the plus machines, for me, are cpc emulators, they really are emulating the cpc with the asic!.

Tell me that the plus range had 256/512KB, 3,5" drives and a 16bit Z80, and then I'm ok with emulate (even not 100% right) the cpc classic. Or tell me that the cpc plus had 250 games with awesome colors, hardware sprites and DMA sounds, i'm ok with it!

But 128k's, 3" drives, virtually no games or software especially made for it, emulating (not 100% adcurate) a classic cpc to use his software library.. and the 3 or 4 games that are specific plus were cancelled for the classic range because amstrad needed to improve sales on the plus range, that was a low blow for a lot of us!