News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Super Cauldron II - timing tricks?

Started by emuola, 17:42, 21 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

emuola

I tried the "HxC-compatible" version and it loads up fine :D The game has that "monitor calibrating" thingy when the loading starts. If I select the standard version the picture is not stable on my lcd projector (converted via vga scaler). The picture wobbles a bit. The "special versions" (selectable in the calibrating screen) have stable picture, but there's a portion of picture missing from the upper left side. Every other game (except the new shooters with those timing tricks) have been working fine with the scaler/lcd projector. I've tested about 30 games. So, my question is, does the Super Cauldron II use some special tricks related to graphics or what? Haven't tested this yet on mycrt telly, but I bet it's perfect on that.
Amstrad CPC 6128+ and internal HxC floppy emulator

arnoldemu

Quote from: emuola on 17:42, 21 June 12
I tried the "HxC-compatible" version and it loads up fine :D The game has that "monitor calibrating" thingy when the loading starts. If I select the standard version the picture is not stable on my lcd projector (converted via vga scaler). The picture wobbles a bit. The "special versions" (selectable in the calibrating screen) have stable picture, but there's a portion of picture missing from the upper left side. Every other game (except the new shooters with those timing tricks) have been working fine with the scaler/lcd projector. I've tested about 30 games. So, my question is, does the Super Cauldron II use some special tricks related to graphics or what? Haven't tested this yet on mycrt telly, but I bet it's perfect on that.
it does use the r3 scrolling trick.

I don't know what the difference is between each version. I initially though it was crtc related, but I'm not sure.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

emuola

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:38, 22 June 12
it does use the r3 scrolling trick.

I don't know what the difference is between each version. I initially though it was crtc related, but I'm not sure.

Ok, thanks for the info :) I'll test this with the crt also. It's midsummer celebrations in Finland right now (the sun never sets...), so it'll take a few days ;D

Puresox

What Temperature is it over there during this period and does it vary,Day and Night temp? Just wondered.

emuola

Quote from: Puresox on 12:06, 23 June 12
What Temperature is it over there during this period and does it vary,Day and Night temp? Just wondered.

The Finnish summer is famous for its not-so-predictable temperature :) I'd say the temperatures can vary between 15-30 celsius during daytime and something like 7-15 celsius during the night. Yesterday it was something like 23 celsius in the afternoon (west coast of Finland half way North) and about 12 celsius at 3am.