News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Super mario bros on CPC 464, still alive!

Started by GinBlog82, 11:50, 27 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

I think it looks absolutely fantastic with the dither, keep up the good work!

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Skunkfish

Looks amazing and impressively close to the genuine article.

The dithering is good, although to me it makes the pipes look a bit like part of the background... Not sure if the colours could be adjusted to minimize that.

I would love it if this developed into a full Super Mario Bros. remake for the CPC.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

JohnNoels

Hello Everyone! I am not a professional coder. But according to me Mario can run on CPC Plus without any difficulty.

Gryzor

Quote from: JohnNoels on 09:48, 09 January 17
Hello Everyone! I am not a professional coder. But according to me Mario can run on CPC Plus without any difficulty.

Yup! You also seem like a spammer, so unless you reply soon the account will be deleted...

Gryzor

@JohnNoels already changed your spammy signature, please reply if you're not a spammer.

JohnNoels

Gryzor

workstation

Great work!

It looks really good in mode 1! It really looks very green in places, even though it obviously isn't.

Would there be an opportunity for a palette switch for the floor? Maybe it would have to be too compressed vertically.

Looking at the demo on Youtube, it looks like the game physics pauses when it scrolls? Can you make it continue? I see Ghouls and Ghosts doesn't seem to have that issue.

Could the sprite for Mario be masked somehow? Compiled sprites maybe?

If it's too hard to fit in into a 464, I wouldn't worry about getting it into a 6128. It would still be a big achievement.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: GinBlog82 on 16:21, 11 December 16
I was busy with my job, only today i found the time to continue the project. I decided to implement the suggestion of @NiNxPe , the final result is pretty decent so I decided to adopt it (thanks again to NiNxPe!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtlgLAnXf6s

Thanks to 1 pixel accuracy too, now the title looks more and more similar to the NES one. Enjoy!

Hi! How is going this project? I hope it keeps going :)

It was an amazing job so i wish it is finished one day.

Kind regards!