News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Swearing in "Skweek"?

Started by Xyphoe, 21:27, 08 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Someone have take a look to the code? maybe is there and only disconnected as the music of the turtles.

misguided_fool

Hi there guys from a very old thread...
I did not find this thread when I tried searching for Skweek (sorry ! I must have mistyped the name)  - so I started a new thread yesterday.

I have found a copy of Skweek this week. In pretty good shape. Will try and post some pictures.
Does anyone else own it ? Did anyone get to test it for swearing ? I don't own an Amstrad so can't verify this.

I love games that have some kind of controversy ! :)

Nich

Quote from: misguided_fool on 14:01, 29 December 21
I have found a copy of Skweek this week. In pretty good shape. Will try and post some pictures.
Does anyone else own it ? Did anyone get to test it for swearing ? I don't own an Amstrad so can't verify this.

I love games that have some kind of controversy ! :)

I own two copies of the UK release of Skweek - one on cassette, one on disc - and I didn't encounter any swearing in either of them. As copies of the game were apparently recalled, I guess if anyone manages to find one that does contain swearing, it'll be a pretty rare item.

Gryzor

I think I've got the disk version somewhere...

eto

Quote from: misguided_fool on 14:01, 29 December 21I did not find this thread when I tried searching for Skweek (sorry ! I must have mistyped the name) 

More likely the search didn't return anything. It's more like a search how my kids perform it. It can be just right there and they insist, they don't find it. Hint: Use Google with site:cpcwiki.eu option.

misguided_fool

Thanks for the replies guys.
I was hoping to find some people that owned it as I thought it was fairly uncommon due to the swearing issue.
I'm guessing the issue was put right, and then put back on sale without the swearing.

I guess I need to make a tape file of it to check it out.
I think I have a device for converting Commmodore 64 tapes to .wav files.
I guess it should work for CPC464 also - as it is just audio ? I just need an audio file to convert to an Amstrad format ?
I will have to look into it further.

Gryzor

CDT2WAV was the following I used many years ago, worked pretty well...

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:38, 30 December 21
CDT2WAV was the following I used many years ago, worked pretty well...

You can also use CSW2CDT by @cngsoft to decode CDT files back to WAV files, although it also creates a CSW file as an intermediate step.

misguided_fool

Just a heads up if anyone is interested. I've put it up for sale on Ebay.
Wasnt sure of a value so started it off cheap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313834019535?hash=item4911f71acf:g:igQAAOSwLvFh4dk1

I am happy to post worldwide if needed. Cheers