News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Abbey of Crime - La Abadia del Crimen (from:Converted GX4000 .cpr)

Started by dragon, 17:38, 10 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Abbey of crime 64k plus  (prototype) (in spanish).

-128k graphics in 64k machines that load cpr.
-Autodetection of gx4000,disc drive or tape.
-2 slots to save snapshots in ram in gx4000.
-2 slots to save snapshots in ram disc sytems +7 slots to save in disc.
-2 slots to save saapshots in tape systems+load/save in tape.
-Cheats selection as usual. inifinite obsequium,inifnite lampare fuel,all objets at beginning,
-Except the pause fully playable with game the pad1.

Game save in disc sectors so used a formated disk.

RockRiver

Quote from: dragon on 17:38, 10 January 23Abbey of crime 64k plus  (prototype) (in spanish).

-Cheats selection as usual. inifinite obsequium,inifnite lampare fuel,all objets at beginning,

Great!!! Thanks a lot !!!
Please, plus palette colors option ?

Something like this:

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 17:38, 10 January 23Abbey of crime 64k plus  (prototype) (in spanish).

Very nice work @dragon . I love when 128k games land on GX4000 with all their features, without forgetting the save option, even if it can only be in RAM obviously  :D
Why do you titled this version 'prototype', here? And most of all, do you plan to convert the English version of the game as well?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

ukmarkh

Quote from: RockRiver on 05:59, 11 January 23

Something like this:

Massively underrated game in the UK. One of the best I've played since the patched English version came out. I think if this would have received a UK release back in the 80s, it would have been given the universal recognition it deserves. Thanks and well done ;-) 128K running on a GX4000 = Genius 

dragon

Quote from: iXien on 06:26, 11 January 23

Very nice work @dragon . I love when 128k games land on GX4000 with all their features, without forgetting the save option, even if it can only be in RAM obviously  :D
Why do you titled this version 'prototype', here? And most of all, do you plan to convert the English version of the game as well?

Because always someone ask change something :D.

I don't made or involucred in the english translation. But i think i know where found the guy that  traslate it.

Quote from: RockRiver on 05:59, 11 January 23

Something like this:

I suppose was possible select a palette from main  menu in basic and choose the colours every partide.

CyrilAmstrad

Well done Dragon

Hello ,
As Ixien request : Here are Ramiro El Vampiro III and IV ( on the same .RAR folder file) from smart Mojon Twins team

For both games :
Start game = Fire 1

Gameplay addition :
Vampire flying = Down arrow joypad OR fire 2
Cheers

You cannot view this attachment.

Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

CyrilAmstrad

@RockRiver , about abadia del crimen , CPC+ palette topic . It could be possible , but need to ask some source from  @dragon to avoid to start from scratch about mod.
By the way I hacked the palette , with some old colors range , and it gives this ( joined picture .png) maybe could be enough ?
Amstradiens Facebook Group
AMSTRAD CPC/ _+ /GX4000
Amstradiens Channel

RockRiver

Quote from: CyrilAmstrad on 21:48, 11 January 23@RockRiver , about abadia del crimen , CPC+ palette topic . It could be possible , but need to ask some source from  @dragon to avoid to start from scratch about mod.
By the way I hacked the palette , with some old colors range , and it gives this ( joined picture .png) maybe could be enough ?
çe cool, partner

RockRiver

I chose that palette for PCW+ (color habisoft pcw expansion board ColorIn \\  CP/Mbox emulator)

But then I had 4 colors from 64 rgb colors pcw+ palette:
Black/Grey/Brown/Orange or similar.

Abbey CPC+:
Maybe we could make Plus TittleScreen and maybe some special Plus range palette... but I like a lot your/our election-solution for classic
It's better than 8bit original systems palettes

https://computeremuzone.com/ficha/166/abadia-del-crimen-la
(See screens)
Or even MSX2 remake palette

dragon

Appears english its compatible ingame...but the pergamine final with  the patch of 128k encrypt the text instead of show english

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 03:20, 12 January 23Appears english its compatible ingame...but the pergamine final with  the patch of 128k encrypt the text instead of show english

A shame. This English version is an impressive work already making one of the greatest Spanish games enjoyable for the masses on CPC 8) It would have been fabulous to be able to discover it on GX4000.
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

robcfg

The english version works well, so you have an error somewhere.

In this video you can see that both the intro and outro scrolls work flawlessly:

SyX

Quote from: dragon on 03:20, 12 January 23Appears english its compatible ingame...but the pergamine final with  the patch of 128k encrypt the text instead of show english

I doubt it, the text is in ascii, you are not applying the patch correctly.

dragon

I was patching the 64k base not the 128k that was the origen of the english patch so little things are diferent including the  adress.

In the way the error was the 64k have a pointer where the 128k don't have it so the patch should begin in +&02.

Another example was the final the %  completion screen changed, because the tape version have text related to tape and have different code.

SyX

Quote from: dragon on 22:01, 12 January 23I was patching the 64k base not the 128k that was the origen of the english patch so little things are diferent including the  adress.

In the way the error was the 64k have a pointer where the 128k don't have it so the patch should begin in +&02.

Another example was the final the %  completion screen changed, because the tape version have text related to tape and have different code.
And why do you think that it should work always as an +2 offset? The 64 KBs version was developed after the 128 KBs, and Paco recoded a lot of things, in fact you are jumping to a random address and there is not encryptation at all, the code that is been run it is filling the screen with shit.

It looks that you are monkey patching without looking the game code at all. Do you remember Laser Squad and my tips for you that time? It is exactly the same.

dragon

I don't think nothing i only do a 30 seconds fast test to view what happend.And made Cheerful comment, ohh don't appear work in 64k out of the box, the outputut remember me code encrypted.

There is not "offset+2". just me thinking  the variable comment in the dissembly was a comment. Don't compare laser squad that have nothing aviable with the abadia that have fully code disassembled and commented.  

I add the "day" in english  and the guillermo original orientation.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 21:12, 13 January 23I don't think nothing i only do a 30 seconds fast test to view what happend.And made Cheerful comment, ohh don't appear work in 64k out of the box, the outputut remember me code encrypted.

There is not "offset+2". just me thinking  the variable comment in the dissembly was a comment. Don't compare laser squad that have nothing aviable with the abadia that have fully code disassembled and commented. 

I add the "day" in english  and the guillermo original orientation.

Whoooooo, just breath taking. An ultimate CPR including both languages. Well done @dragon , it's a huge addition to the GX4000 game library!

Some questions (you begin to know me :D ) : Is it the final version or do you plan some more updates? What is the guillermo orientation? Do you think it's possible to add a 'wait for fire' feature on the title screen of both versions ? This picture is superb but we don't have really time to admire it on cartridge  8)  Are you sure you want to keep the crack message at the beginning? It's really ugly and I don't think the guy will mind you removing it  :P And finally, a version without any poke, just asking for the language before to launch the game would be very nice.

Once again, congratulations for this impressive conversion work that really takes part of the cartridge storage  ;)

RockRiver

And my colors??? colours???  ::)
Green and orange not seem 'natural' to me, ha ha , sorry

But the other 8bit versions are worst
(C'mon Delcan, very good graphics. But why that colors? Speccy, MSX,PC it's a shame)

Plus palette; Classic cpc palette
Please mr.Dragon ? Monsieur CyrilAyor?
(Yeahh I know it's another version, not the original)
Good Work, mates!!
My CPCs GXs love u

dragon

o.k o.k the poke(with all objets) don`t work very well, because the abad try catch you ever :D. And i  try to view what can do with the palette and the stop and all the other suggestions.

Guillermo orientation mean that  in the original game when you start guillermo its watching  at you. And he was  watching forward because in the original 64k it begin in the second screen watching  forward....

So thats the diference where guillermo is  looking at the start.

dragon

iXien

Hey @dragon , very nice! Many thanks for all these modifications.

And what about a quick translation of the instructions in English in a second PDF? Here it is ;)

Note: Have you seen that Guillermo is again turned in the wrong direction in this version 2.2 ?  ???

dragon

This is the original position (picture from cpcpower):

screenshot

But if you like more the other i can compile it.

Thanks for translate the manual!.

iXien

Quote from: dragon on 13:20, 15 January 23This is the original position (picture from cpcpower):

screenshot

But if you like more the other i can compile it.

Thanks for translate the manual!.
No, just let it like in the original 128k release  ;)
More upgrades planned ? 😃

dragon

I want look the poke, the palette and some bugs of the original game , but don't in one day, :P.

dragon

Add the option of plus palette.