News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Making Of: Aliens

Started by ComSoft6128, 16:50, 04 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

I still remember the ominous sound effects of this game:

https://www.nowgamer.com/the-making-of-aliens/

tjohnson

Good read.  I remember getting this game on a compilation, could never fathom it out, not sure it came with the original map so really had no idea how to play the game.

robcfg

Me neither, but the oppressive feeling and the disturbing music were absolutely fantastic!

tjohnson

Quote from: robcfg on 22:01, 04 November 18
Me neither, but the oppressive feeling and the disturbing music were absolutely fantastic!

Music was great in the game, definitely added to the atmosphere of the game.

ukmarkh

They definitely nailed the movies tense atmosphere [emoji1303] I actually think it's a very good game, definitely in my top thirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukmarkh

Is anyone up for fixing the graphics that Mark talks about [emoji23]

"There was actually a problem with the room wall graphics. They were created as a series of tile strips, designed to fit together in a specific order. When they were put into the game they got scrambled about a bit. There wasn't time to fix this before the game went out, and while it wouldn't have made a big difference, it might have helped if fixed. The reason a map was included was to help players with navigation. There was a trade-off between making the base big enough to give players a game that would last and was sufficiently challenging, and keeping the game easy enough to complete successfully. I guess if we had been given longer to finish the game we could have spent more time balancing the difficulty level."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk