News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Idea of the day: Steam for the CPC

Started by Skunkfish, 17:21, 19 September 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Skunkfish

Well, not quite Steam but a front-end/game launcher that could sit on an M4 and allow you to launch games more easily. No more browsing through folders to find the game to launch...

And not just launch them, but browse a store-front via the M4's Wi-Fi function, allowing you to download and be playing games in seconds....
Feel free to lynch me if this already exists and I've somehow missed it?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

HAL6128

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

mr_lou

The way things are going in the world, we should probably aim for some offline solution instead.  :-X

Skunkfish

Quote from: mr_lou on 08:33, 20 September 20
The way things are going in the world, we should probably aim for some offline solution instead.  :-X

What have I missed? They're not closing down the interwebs are they?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 09:30, 20 September 20What have I missed? They're not closing down the interwebs are they?

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if it crashes somehow in ways no one ever thought was possible.  :-X

Then we'll have to settle for offline stuff, like discmags and paper mags again!  :D

Skunkfish

Ok, I've been thinking about this some more....

-Ability to search/browse for games from web browser and single click to install to M4 (and launch from the web interface)
-Ability to search/browse for games directly from CPC (both games in collection and games to download)
-Ability to categorise games in collection for easy launching (or use default categories)
-Apply cheats/pokes for games-Easy to find new games from your favourite developers
-Add friends, see what games your friends are playing and send/receive suggestions

Creators would add their own content and descriptions, and can provide links for donations or to purchase physical editions ...