General Category > Games

Throne Legacy

(1/14) > >>

Arnaud:
Hi to all,
the official videos of the CPCRetroDev 2020 are online and here a longer video of gameplay with the intro :

https://youtu.be/ceXRfyZikNw

As you see it looks a lot like l'Aigle d'or, i tried to improve technically and visually the game and make another and a totally different adventure.
Of course it can't be better than the original but i hope it will be at least fun to play and reminds good memories.

Once again thanks to CPCPower and Titan for intro (and story), Ced for make and greatly improve graphics and SLT for tireless testing (more than 100 bugs found i can't believe it).

Now let's wait for the jury's results :)

Targhan:
I will be strong and not click on this preview, or any other preview from the Retrodev as I don't want to be spoiled the surprise. I'll be STRONG!!! :)

ervin:
@Arnaud - Year after year I've watched your games get better and better.
This is absolutely stunning! Congratulations!
It's one of the submitted games I'm most looking forward to playing.

I'm wondering, is that a mode 0/mode 2 rupture?
Can that be done from cpctelera?

Arnaud:

--- Quote from: ervin on 12:56, 07 November 20 ---I'm wondering, is that a mode 0/mode 2 rupture?
Can that be done from cpctelera?

--- End quote ---
Yes it's really easy, you have an example in cpctelera in advanced/interrupts and in the source of my game in some days.

By the way, your multi scrolling engine is really fast and smooth, i can't wait playing with your game.

ervin:

--- Quote from: Arnaud on 13:10, 07 November 20 ---Yes it's really easy, you have an example in cpctelera in advanced/interrupts and in the source of my game in some days.

By the way, your multi scrolling engine is really fast and smooth, i can't wait playing with your game.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but my game is actually really terrible!
It is incomplete, and almost all interesting features had to be dropped due to time and RAM limitations.
My game also slows down quite a lot in areas where lots of things need to be checked for display/collisions.
I need to find a better way of checking for such things.

Towards the end I hated working on my game, and considered quitting many times.
I decided to submit it anyway, because the character was created by my daughter, and I didn't want to disappoint her.

After watching all the previews, it looks like there are many more games that will be more fun to play than Goatfish.
Oh well.

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread.
This thread should be about your wonderful game.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version