News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Toki conversion for CPC [UPD: RELEASED]

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 09:58, 11 June 18

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

XeNoMoRPH

maybe a ZX Spectrum version from another guy ...  8)
https://twitter.com/Bytemaniacos/status/1020282622059188230
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

fgbrain

One day to go.... fingers crossed!
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

fgbrain

_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Gryzor

Mmm... looks very faithful!

spybro

Eagerly waiting for playable version!!!

tjohnson

Looks good, uses a pseudo scroll will that annoy people?

fgbrain

I agree. Sprites look big and colourful but the scroll seems a bit jerky...

And they promised a plus version as welll which they didnt show in the video..

Still it seems to be a decent conversion.... We' ll see!!!
_____

Targhan

Guys, this is software. What did you expect from a CPC? You've been watching demos and CPC+ game too much.

This looks good and playable to me, and very colorful, so the game should be great.

If you want 50hz scrolling and sprites, wait for a CPC+ version.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Joseman

Quote from: Targhan on 12:40, 09 September 18
Guys, this is software. What did you expect from a CPC? You've been watching demos and CPC+ game too much.

This looks good and playable to me, and very colorful, so the game should be great.

Totally agree here, the game looks perfect and moves perfect, too much demos and game concepts can make forget some crappy games that we had in 80/90's!

VincentGR

"We are neither professional developers nor demo makers"

I think that was clear from the beginning, so we must appreciate with what we have (and looks gorgeous ;) )

roudoudou

Quote from: Targhan on 12:40, 09 September 18
As the first post said, the + version will "only" add differents colors
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Carnivius

Quote from: tjohnson on 10:08, 09 September 18
Looks good, uses a pseudo scroll will that annoy people?
Doesn't annoy me.  If you want smooth scrolling go play the arcade game (via MAME) or one of the 16 bit ports.  I'm not a big fan of the game but this version looks to capture it's gameplay well from what I can see in the video.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

tjohnson

Quote from: Carnivius on 18:32, 09 September 18
Doesn't annoy me.  If you want smooth scrolling go play the arcade game (via MAME) or one of the 16 bit ports.  I'm not a big fan of the game but this version looks to capture it's gameplay well from what I can see in the video.

I've not played it but the scrolling looks fine to me, it reminded me a bit of green beret and I know peeps got funny about that.  It would be good to see a plus version that brings the colours, sprites and scrolling but even if this doesn't materialise this version looks to be coming on good.

GUNHED

Oh, this seems to be a CPC conversion. On Cartridge the scrolling is smooth and sprites are bigger. Thank's a lot for sharing the video.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Carnivius

Quote from: tjohnson on 19:17, 09 September 18

I've not played it but the scrolling looks fine to me, it reminded me a bit of green beret and I know peeps got funny about that.  It would be good to see a plus version that brings the colours, sprites and scrolling but even if this doesn't materialise this version looks to be coming on good.
lack of smooth scrolling wasn't what annoyed me about Green Beret. Being a crap game was what annoyed me about it.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

kawickboy

We have background gfx. Look at the c64 -cartridge- release. The game isn't finished and that's full of promise.

fgbrain

QuoteGuys, this is software. What did you expect from a CPC? You've been watching demos and CPC+ game too much.

Just to remind of some nice cpc titles...
When the developers showed pic of their "first version of 1992" the first closest game that came into my mind was Sly Spy Secret Agent. Which has great colorfull sprites and good scrolling on a big screen..

But dont get me wrong ...
The job done looks awesome esp. for a  homebrew game!!!
Keep up the effort guys...

_____

seanb

That looks very good.

Roll on the cpc+ version.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

amijim

As usual , upon completion of the game for the cpc+ in cartridge i am offering one week vacation in my small hotel in Greece for free to the programmers.April , May June or Spet and Oct.Speaking about Sept - Oct you still have time for this summer of 2018!PM me for details.

roudoudou

Quote from: amijim on 13:10, 19 September 18
As usual , upon completion of the game for the cpc+ in cartridge i am offering one week vacation in my small hotel in Greece for free to the programmers.April , May June or Spet and Oct.Speaking about Sept - Oct you still have time for this summer of 2018!PM me for details.

As usual?  :o
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Targhan

Yup, @amijim kindly offered us (me and the Ghosts'n'Goblins developer) a vacation in his hotel :) . Couldn't make it this year, though :) .
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

amijim

Next year Targhan and Xifo i am waiting for you.

kawickboy

Thanks to you there will be plenty of new games soon  8)  .
Maybe usgold will release megatwins and ocean robocop 3 for free vacations.

amijim

Everybody contributes the way he can to the amstrad scenery.