News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Top 20 Amstrad CPC games

Started by CrookieMonster, 06:51, 10 August 22

Previous topic - Next topic

CrookieMonster

Andrew "Merman" Fisher has put together a great list of the best 20 CPC games. It's a lovely read and cool selection. https://www.timeextension.com/guides/best-amstrad-cpc-games

DanyPPC

Obviously not considering homebrew games of the last few years :)
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

eto

As with all these lists, it's a matter of opinions and you will always find something to disagree.

But Burnin' Rubber is questionable to be on a CPC list.

Skunkfish

Very well written article and an interesting selection of games.

The choice of Zap T' Balls over Pang is a bit controversial! If they were excluding GX4000/Plus games then it's understandable, but they clearly weren't!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Axelay

Nice selection, though a few I certainly wouldn't pick for a top 20, but I can understand why others might.

But there is an error in the section about Cybernoid, the excellent music was provided by Dave Rogers, not David Whittaker.

sigh

On the Renegade section:

" The Amstrad does an impressive job graphically of recreating the gritty look of Renegade, down to the stars rotating around a dazed opponent's head. "

..is this some hidden mode? I know there is the cheat to get red blood instead of the blue, but I do not recall the spinning stars.

merman

Quote from: DanyPPC on 07:22, 10 August 22Obviously not considering homebrew games of the last few years :)

Yes, this was restricted to commercial games. Although Zap T Balls was there to represent that late era when homebrew really started.

Axelay, thanks for pointing out the music error.