News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Unreleased games by Clockwize

Started by Nich, 20:54, 27 May 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

While browsing CPC-POWER for the latest set of updates, and being reminded of this post from 2014 in another thread, I noticed that details of several unreleased games by Clockwize have been added to CPC-POWER:
No CDT or DSK files are available to download yet (and I don't know when, or if, they will become available), but the screenshots look very appealing! :)

SyX

The games have been preserved by Dean himself and they will appear in the next CPC-Power update.

Thanks to Frank Gasking, I got in contact with Dean a few years ago and two weeks ago, he wrote me that at last he had time for preserving the CPC versions of Clockwize's games.

He is an AMAZING guy and has given his permission for making the games public available.

He told me a lot of nice stories about Clockwize/Video Images, for example, Clockwize was found when they got the contract for making the R-Type loading screen (we updated the credits in CPC-Power), and I hope that we will see in a future Retro Gamer more information about Dean and Clockwize, because after talking with him, him and his company has converted in one of my favourite CPC developers ever, hehehe.

And I love Unpredictaball with all those rasters and even a level editor in 22 KBs.

Gryzor

These all look very nostalgic and old school. Can't wait to play them, do let us know when they're up!

Poliander

Looks like Donald Trump  ;D
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:08, 28 May 17
These all look very nostalgic and old school. Can't wait to play them, do let us know when they're up!

All four games are now available to download from CPC-POWER.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Joseman

Gryzor

Joseman

M4, X-mass, symbiface...

and of course from floppy

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

Gryzor

Haha I see. I just woke up and I read it like "an Acolyte mass storage" or something :D

Anyhow, I'm attaching it here, hope you don't mind :)

Johnny Olsen

Have just completed Ninja Grannies without cheating, so it must be an easy game, because I'm a lousy player.
Anyway funny Game.

Joseman

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:53, 11 June 17
Haha I see. I just woke up and I read it like "an Acolyte mass storage" or something :D
Anyhow, I'm attaching it here, hope you don't mind :)

You can attach my dsk's without problem, i give you permission forever :)

Phantomz

Is " Ninja Grannies " available on disk anywhere?

I can see the other three games are available on disk from cpc-power, however " Ninja Grannies " is only available on tape.

Joseman

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:30, 19 June 17

I can see the other three games are available on disk from cpc-power, however " Ninja Grannies " is only available on tape.

I would like to do the mass storage version for ninja grannies, but i don't know if i will have time this weeks...

I love Ninja Grannies. A fighting game like Spitting Image with a lot of sense of humor.
The CDT version is not the best thing for a fighting game. I will thank you for that DSK.

roudoudou

Quote from: 6128 on 18:10, 19 June 17
I love Ninja Grannies. A fighting game like Spitting Image with a lot of sense of humor.
The CDT version is not the best thing for a fighting game. I will thank you for that DSK.

If you win, the game stay in an infinite loop with some pics+sounds -> you have to reload the game  :-X
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Yes. Infinity loop at the end.

Joseman

Quote from: roudoudou on 22:05, 19 June 17

If you win, the game stay in an infinite loop with some pics+sounds -> you have to reload the game  :-X

Yes, I ended Acolyte, it has some map location errors (i made a map, but some rooms just didn't respect the map), when you end the game, there is a little ending that loops continually and you have to reset the game to play again.

roudoudou

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:30, 19 June 17

Chany released a DSK version BUT it need a memory expansion to run properly (256? 512?)
http://cpcrulez.fr/GamesTest/ninja_grannies.htm#DL
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Johnny Olsen

I think 512k
You can run it, if you turn on winApe's 64+256 RAM Expansion + 256k Silicon Disc
or turn on WinApe's 4M Expansion memory.

Joseman

Good news!!!

Another game MIA of clockwize has been dumped!!:

Thankyou to @SyX that fixed some things and the generosity of Dean Hickingbottom this game has been recovered!

Source: http://www.zonadepruebas.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=421&start=130#p75734

cdt: ftp://amstrad.serveftp.com/CPC/Clockwize%20Games/

(user: amstrad, pwd: amstrad)

soon on: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=10014

Thankyou to @deepfb for warning me with the good news!!

alex76gr

This is wonderful.
Thank you both SyX and Dean. ;)
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

MacDeath

funnily the Psygnosis style is clearly visible on this speccy-shat yet soemwhat classy mode1 (despite being 1 bit per pixels, ouch) intro picture splatch screen.

Dammit.

Nice to have a whole batch of unreleased games being released at last for the fun.

||C|-|E||

It is great to have the game but, certainly, that loading screen could have more color and a less radioactive color combination. That yellow and that purple can burn your eyes in a matter of minutes  :)