News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Roland in Time/Space maps?

Started by Carnivius, 17:50, 05 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Dammit Roland, aren't you in any games that weren't previously something else on another system.

Except Roland of Sherwood of course...

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

Yeah, that game is based on one of my all time favourite TV shows which my Roland game is inspired by slightly (in name but the general setting is a typical Robin Hood setting with a few references to the TV show cos the 80's ruled).  Is not like I'm taking that text adventure and changing all occurences of the name 'Robin' to 'Roland' :P   I'm not Amsoft. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Puresox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 07:11, 26 August 15
both by gem software.
perhaps time trap came first and gem converted it for cpc using the roland character.
I also recently was shocked to spot Sultans Maze was a game on the Dragon and the Lynx Camputer! Gem again?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Puresox on 19:49, 26 August 15
I also recently was shocked to spot Sultans Maze was a game on the Dragon and the Lynx Camputer! Gem again?
Sultan's Maze was made in 1983 for dragon.

Amstrad was released in 1984, but some companies had development machines before then. So... either developed in parallel or originated on dragon first!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Think this...

Amstrad approached a number of companies, perhaps very close to when machine was released.
They were given development machines.

Gem software must have been one of them.

They must have written the cpc versions fairly quickly to get them ready for release. I can't see they ported from the dragon because of the different cpu and different video hardware, but at least they had a fully designed game ready that they could write.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Puresox

It would be great to find some Gem Interviews from that era , or at least talking about the era.