News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:06, 10 March 18
Resurrecting this thread for the gamers.

Playing Karnov at present. Although the cracked version won't bring you back to the start of the game when you run out of lives. Thankfully there's an original image I can load with a Gotek.

What you playing?
I am playing lots at the moment, all in the name of "playtesting" my PiGRRL 2. but really enjoying 'a prelude to chaos' and feud.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

DanyPPC

I'm playing Flying Shark and Wec Le Mans. Both are a little slower than spectrum versions.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

mahlemiut

Been playing Monty on the Run (poorly) for some reason. 

This was my best attempt -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237373276 (don't laugh ;))
- Barry Rodewald

CraigsBar

Quote from: mahlemiut on 21:59, 10 March 18
Been playing Monty on the Run (poorly) for some reason. 

This was my best attempt -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237373276 (don't laugh ;))
Respect for taking on the moley one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

tjohnson

Been playing jail break.  I wanted this game so much back in the day and eventually got it to be ever so disappointed, however playing it again now have been enjoying it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Shaun M. Neary

I wrote this in the chat when Xyphoe played this a couple of months back, Jail Break really is not a bad game. It just needs a little perseverance. I've enjoyed this one too but I'm a massive fan of pretty much all the games on the Konami Arcade Collection compilation.

Once you get a decent weapon, it's plain sailing.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

tjohnson

Agreed it isn't a bad game but i think my disappointment stemmed from finding it very hard as a youngster.   I'm still finding it hard even with the weapon upgrades, I'm not convinced i ever got past the first level as a kid but have got to the second level now.  How many levels are there?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: tjohnson on 01:44, 11 March 18
Agreed it isn't a bad game but i think my disappointment stemmed from finding it very hard as a youngster.   I'm still finding it hard even with the weapon upgrades, I'm not convinced i ever got past the first level as a kid but have got to the second level now.  How many levels are there?

Five. I think I've made it to level 2 back in the day but haven't been able to do it since I started re-playing it.
I don't fancy my chances to be honest.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mr_lou

Quote from: tjohnson on 23:37, 10 March 18
Been playing jail break.  I wanted this game so much back in the day and eventually got it to be ever so disappointed, however playing it again now have been enjoying it.

That's exactly my story too - only with Bubble Bobble.

YuT666

ComSoft6128

I played ATF last Sunday for the first time in over twenty years and it felt good.
I then played two (very) quick games of Tank Busters, scored zero each time and that didn't feel so good. On the bright side, I didn't need to keep filling a slot with ten pence pieces as I had to back in the early eighties. And now..........its a grudge match.

Cheers,

Peter

tjohnson

Quote from: YuT666 on 13:26, 11 March 18
Antiriad & The Great Escape.
Great Escape was one of my favourite games, there were a few items i never worked out what they were for.  Might have to fire it up for another session sometime soon.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: tjohnson on 01:44, 11 March 18

Almost made it to level 2 but lost a life towards the end of level one and couldn't get grenades to get past the machine gun guys. Lose your weapons before there and forget it, its game over!  :'(

tjohnson

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:01, 11 March 18

Almost made it to level 2 but lost a life towards the end of level one and couldn't get grenades to get past the machine gun guys. Lose your weapons before there and forget it, its game over!  :'(
I've got quite far into level 2 now and came across a vehicle too, definately never got this far back in the day.   The level 1 situation with the machine gun guys seems almost a bug, they can't be killed with any other weapons. 

One downside i find to replaying games from my childhood is that the new memories over write the old memories a little.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: tjohnson on 15:16, 13 March 18
One downside i find to replaying games from my childhood is that the new memories over write the old memories a little.

I can honestly say, I don't have that problem. If anything, i'm adding to them.

On topic: I've actually got an itching to play Everyone's A Wally. Despite that game frustrating the hell out of me back in the day.

tjohnson

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:48, 15 March 18
I can honestly say, I don't have that problem. If anything, i'm adding to them.

On topic: I've actually got an itching to play Everyone's A Wally. Despite that game frustrating the hell out of me back in the day.

I don't think I played any of the wally games when I was a kid, will have to check them out.

I've started writing out a list of all the games I remember having, one way I've been doing that is looking at games on ebay as I remember the covers quite vividly, like a game called Future Knight, completely forgot about it but then saw it on ebay and all the memories started coming back.

blackdalek

Last game I played was the Pac-Man emulator

But this last week I've also played:
Cheril of the Bosque by Mojon Twins
Wonder Boy
Guzzler
Knight Tyme
Galivan
Captain Fizz Meets the Blaster Trons
Ghosts 'N Goblins
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Switchblade and
Chibi Akumas Ep 1
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Shaun M. Neary

I had a good run at a few games yesterday.

Ghostbusters: It was a rushed cash-in, but I actually enjoy it from time to time. It's pretty cool to actually try and rack up as much money as you can in a "beat your last score" kinda way.

Spy Hunter: Another fun romp for a while. It's just unfortunate that you're driving around the same map in different colours with a few new enemies. Playing it on Expert is somewhat of a challenge too.

Grand Prix Simulator: Still prefer this over Super Sprint, despite the blocky cars.

Street Gang Football: Not sure why I never got to play this until now. It's not a bad little game, shame the graphics weren't a bit more colourful, but they move a lot better than a lot of soccer games out there.

IK+: Hadn't played this in ages, got the stuffing knocked out of me though once I reached brown belt!

Target Renegade: I'd actually forgotten how very difficult this game gets after you kill the boss the first time around. Your time limit gets so tight and the enemies get so much smarter. Still a great blast from the past.

Platoon: I don't know how ANYONE has managed to finish this game. I always get stuck on level 4! Either I get hit with a stray bullet or I keep grazing myself off the barbed wire or tripping on a landmine.

Oh... and all were loaded from tape in an act of true nostalgia, because I still love my 464.

Shaun M. Neary

In addition:

Bubble Bobble (original Firebird release): Made it to screen 42, surprised myself.

Mr. Freeze. Sooooo sloooow, but not a bad little game once perseverance (and stubbornness) kicks in.

Laserwarp: Defeated The Master for the first time since 88!

arnoldemu

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 16:51, 17 March 18
Mr. Freeze. Sooooo sloooow, but not a bad little game once perseverance (and stubbornness) kicks in.

poke 7c05,0
poke 7c06,0

Too fast now?  ;D
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: arnoldemu on 17:56, 17 March 18
poke 7c05,0
poke 7c06,0

Too fast now?  ;D

Hahah may give this a go later!!

VincentGR

Shaun M. Neary

Played since my last post:

Bombjack: A true classic but 11 minutes to load from tape is insane to think about today!

Gauntlet II: were any levels past level 9 or 10 designed to be seen on one credit? 😂

Breakthru: Couldn't get my tape to load for years when I had it, then got it going. Strange shoot em up from an even stranger Arcade.

VincentGR

When you fire in breaktrhu is like the CPC is trying to tell you something.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: VincentGR on 00:05, 19 March 18
When you fire in breaktrhu is like the CPC is trying to tell you something.

Yes, and I usually interpret it as "This is painful, please load something else and end this misery!"