News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

what are people playing on their cpc's this week ?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:41, 05 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

just thought this might be a good thread to see what other users / members of the cpcwiki are playing on their cpc's / cpc emulators on a weekly basis or have been playing recently.

it might get others interested in playing a game they have not played for some time or maybe someone just needs some help or tips in a particular section they may be stuck on or it could be just for nostalgia and remembering the good old days?

working 2 full time jobs i dont get much time for games of any kind but this week i have had the urge to play cpc games on my emulator and i have been playing wec le mans and tag team wrestling.

what have other people been playing ??

dcdrac

Mostly Savage, Elite and Camelot Warriors still after all these years want to beat that game

Gryzor

Superpix! I'm addicted to that thing!

Puresox

I am trying to give Superpix a look , on WinApe, Does anyone know how to get it running on the emulator, It requests too Unprotect the Disc . I am not sure how to do this.
S'ok managed to work it out.

SyX

More than playing, i have ported and now i'm testing and fixing bugs in "Serra Pelada", a ZX conversion to CPC from one of the first brazillian comercial videogames. It looks the perfect game for being the first CPC portuguese game ever, jajaja.

It's an interactive fiction game in portuguese and i'm using as a help to learn portuguese in the same way that i used "Jack The Ripper" and friends for helping to learn english during the 80s. Of course, i'm using as test bank for replacing firmware routines for faster ones for my improved GAC interpreter, too.

tastefulmrship

EgoTrip

Both, i have no real hardware. I've been busy on different stuff this week so no WinAPE.

beaker

Alien Breed Tower Assault on my 1200 and Bare knuckle on my WonderMega. My FM Towns Marty should hopefully be with me next week before my 6128 should is back from having the disk drive refurbished and Parados installed. So nothing I guess...

I think Gryzor likes his Sega machines so here's some eye candy of the WonderMega, SG-1000 II Bryce RGB modded, My Megadrive with language and 50/60hz switch, MegaCD and Everdrive, and my hot-rodded ZX81 from BluesBrothers and TheCortfiot with ZXPand hanging off the back. Soon I'll have my modded SMS2 and SMS1 with its 50/60hz switch on it as well  :laugh:

Sorry for hijacking another thread...

redbox

Pwning the entire world on the SNES version of Sensible Soccer.

Whilst wondering how a CPC version might be possible. Honest.

EgoTrip

Sensible Soccer would be cool on the CPC, but isn't someone already working on a football game?

Personally I'd rather see a Zelda-style adventure ;)

redbox

Quote from: EgoTrip on 21:38, 06 April 14

Me too - only problem is kids aren't that entertained by watching someone code Z80  :)

SyX

Quote from: redbox on 21:36, 06 April 14
Pwning the entire world on the SNES version of Sensible Soccer.

Whilst wondering how a CPC version might be possible. Honest.
Maybe as "Mundial de Futbol", but without all the bugs and a little faster, jejeje.

The last Zelda clone for zx, Brunilda, has its sources free for somebody take a look and try the conversion to CPC or make a new game.

cpc4eva

Sensible Soccer would be cool on the CPC, but isn't someone already working on a football game?

if they are i have not heard do you know what sort of football game is being made ?
i read recently that sensible soccer was a cpc project but they released kick off instead of it.
didn't hermol begin a zelda remake on cpc a while back im sure he posted a screen shot or 2 of his work somewhere i thought it looked rather promising and was keen to play it when completed but i never heard if the project was completed or abandoned ?

Nich

Quote from: cpc4eva on 04:01, 07 April 14
didn't hermol begin a zelda remake on cpc a while back im sure he posted a screen shot or 2 of his work somewhere i thought it looked rather promising and was keen to play it when completed but i never heard if the project was completed or abandoned ?
You may be referring to Demoniak's Zelda project. I can't remember when he started work on it but I've heard nothing at all about it for several years; the page hasn't been modified since September 2006. :( It's a shame, because the graphics look really beautiful - but I never saw any actual code.

TotO

Playing Orion Prime and Pac-Man emu on a 464...  :P
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

beaker

I wish they'd do another production run of that Orion Prime - I'd still love to own an original copy.

TotO

This game is just amazing. (I own the 3" and 3"1/2 boxed versions)
Probably the most impressive 8bit adventure game ever.  8)

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

paradroid90

Now my menu disks have been completed probably a bit of rebelstar and Laser squad  :D
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

AMSDOS

I'm reworking a BASIC 1.1 program which makes use of the FILL command and I'm rewriting the program so it works in BASIC 1.0 without any RSXs or BASIC Fill Routines.
Originally the program was using some FILLs to setup the initial screen, which I've substituted with some workable BASIC 1.0 which produces the same result, however some FILLs are being used during the program to recolour certain areas so corresponding INKs aren't being shown and then Reverting those sections back to their Original Colour. I think I've figured out a way to use my existing routine to fill the appropriate spot, though will have to write some more code to check the position and use the relevant portion of the code, so it'll be interesting to see how big the program gets and how it will compare to the original.

If I get it working I'll definitely post a copy of it here.  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

cpc4eva

Quote from: Nich on 19:44, 07 April 14
You may be referring to Demoniak's Zelda project. I can't remember when he started work on it but I've heard nothing at all about it for several years; the page hasn't been modified since September 2006. :( It's a shame, because the graphics look really beautiful - but I never saw any actual code.

no im pretty sure Hermol was doing something a while back now.....

cpc4eva

Quote from: paradroid90 on 21:53, 07 April 14
Now my menu disks have been completed probably a bit of rebelstar and Laser squad  :D

someone is going to have to teach me how to play laser squad have no idea what im doing in that game and everyone seems to think its awesome !

another reason why i think the cpcwiki should have a cpc cheat mode / tip shop added.

have been playing silkworm a fair bit last few days.....

arnoldemu

Quote from: TotO on 20:33, 07 April 14
Playing Orion Prime and Pac-Man emu on a 464...  :P
your ram expansion must be working ! :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TotO

Puresox

Loving SuperPix game,brilliant puzzle game !