Allister Brimble's remake of CPC game-music like Robocop, Gliderrider, Hydrofool

Started by Otto, 14:05, 01 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto

Active British video game musician Allister Brimble is best known for the music he composed for Team 17 on the Amiga.  However, he also made several 8-bit video-game music tunes.

Most notably, in 2015 Allister composed a professional remake of some very well-known music tracks from CPC/Spectrum128 video-games originally created by the best 8 bit composers. We CPC friends know many of these "earworms" almost by heart. So I'd like to share their remakes with you in case you haven't heard them yet.

Allister called his remake The Spectrum Works . Unlike us amateurs, he usually managed to remain as faithful as possible to the original piece of music, so that we CPC friends can easily hear the original in the "souped-up" version. Just listen to the original on the CPC and then listen to the remade version; very impressive I think!

Allister Brimble remade the following originals:
* From David Whittaker: Glider Rider, Stormbringer, Beyon the Ice Palace, Savage, Zub, Platoon, etc.
* From Jonathan Dunn: Robocop, etc.
* From Rob Hubbard: Hydrofool, Saboteur II, etc.
* And some more.

Here's the full list of the Spectrum Works' tunes we can listen to on Allister's Bandcamp section, or buy it digitally in higher quality from there for a few euros:

1. The Spectrum Works Prelude (01:25)
2. Glider Rider (03:40)
3. Saboteur II (03:14)
4. Stormbringer (04:42)
5. Agent-X (02:58)
6. Robocop (04:17)
7. Beyond The Ice Palace (03:14)
8. Savage (05:25)
9. Zub (02:42)
10. Hydrofool (03:44)
11. Chronos (03:05)
12. Fairlight (03:25)
13. Platoon (02:59)
14. The Spectrum Works Finale (00:41)

P.S. My topic is similar to the recent one here in the forum named "Is Hydrofool's the most underrated CPC music", but since the latter is dedicated to the CPC original tunes, mine is to the remakes.

P.P.S. Happy Easter everybody! †