News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

[LOCKED] "Xyphoe's Nightmare" Teaser Trailer!

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 06:56, 11 January 22

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

To be honest I got excited till I saw it's an Antstream exclusive... what has the world come to??

reidrac

I don't know, it bothers me more that in 2021 we still see non-masked sprites on the CPC :laugh:

I got approached by Anstream to get Night Knight on the platform back in 2019 and I didn't give them permission, being so easy to emulate 8-bit systems, why bother? (I know: money)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

yellowbelly

Due to the negativity that came from this forum as soon as the game was announced. including from moderators. I assume this is the stance/opinion from CPC Wiki.
I shall therefore ensure no more of my creations for CPC will be discussed/advertised here.
for those that are interested i now have it working on proper hardware as i have a collection of 464's 6128's and plus's myself and am working on getting some memory space to give a redefine keys option on the real hardware, plus the game has 3 loading screens and credits screens.
Yellowbelly.

Gryzor

Nobody said a thing about the game... I said I was excited because I liked the screens that were shown.

Gotta find that Atari thread!

Vyper68

There was a slight dig about not using masked sprites in 2022 see reply #2
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

reidrac

Quote from: reidrac on 08:23, 11 January 22
I don't know, it bothers me more that in 2021 we still see non-masked sprites on the CPC :laugh:

@yellowbelly My apologies. I would have never imagined that a silly joke would make so much trouble.

RE: about Anstream, I just commented my own experience, and that I didn't give permission to include the game they wanted to add to the platform.

Don't take it personally, because it is not. Good luck with the game!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Vyper68 on 19:49, 15 January 22
There was a slight dig about not using masked sprites in 2022 see reply #2

I didn't even see that as a dig. It was more a joking observation and given reidrac's contributions to CPC gaming, the guy had a valid point.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

reidrac

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 20:40, 15 January 22

I didn't even see that as a dig. It was more a joking observation and given reidrac's contributions to CPC gaming, the guy had a valid point.

I was replying to some disappointed because, at that time, it looked like the game would be available in Anstream only. Independently of my opinion RE: sprites without mask, that disappointment should be read as interest on the game, not the opposite.

Gryzor

Quote from: reidrac on 20:44, 15 January 22disappointment should be read as interest on the game, not the opposite.

That.

Gryzor

Feel free to open a new thread for the merits of lack thereof of Anstream. You have completely taken this thread off the rails, going to do some housecleaning tomorrow... This thread is about the game.

Carnivius

Looks like a fun game. Nice job.
(also amused by the previous comment where Gryzor states this is about the game and not Antstream but the very first comment after the initial video post is Gryzor mentioning dislike of Antstream.  Did that happen naturally or as a result of the chopping of this thread into two?)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Right, going to lock this thread now and start a new one with the video of the OP as per @Xyphoe 's suggestion. I think it's for the best. New topic here: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/games/xyphoe-s-nightmare-teaser-trailer!-18920/new/#new