News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

Zynaps title music on emulators.

Started by tastefulmrship, 14:44, 11 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Or MODE 1 flipped... (flipping @ 25hz would look like Amiga's interlace mode)
Deinterlaced:
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrshipI'd get my grubby little claws into it and do a 'crapola' version!
It's a really nice version for a splash screen, who is no more dumb.
Congratulations !!!  8)

Quote from: tastefulmrshipNo-one's done a MODE5 version of the Speccy loading screen yet!
I laugh alone in the supermarket.  :laugh:
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 15:37, 15 October 11
Whats about MODE 1 for Old CPC's?
The first (with ordered dithering) look better.
Now, for me it's a "speccy" screen like... CPC games got it, because no real conversion was done.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Slightly off-topic, but here's an Exomizer-crunched clean-rip of CYBERNOID 2.
I've been working on this for THREE days now & I've only just found out why it didn't work. I've re-crunched, re-ripped and re-assembled all to no avail! Until I noticed LD BC,(DataEnd-DataStart) right at the end of the code! Dang you, brackets!  >:(

This isn't finished, as I would like to add CHEATS and (if possible and with permission) the CPC+ patch, but I think I've got the hang of Exomizer now, thanks to this little page and its author!
(Question; how do you detect a CPC+?)

Now, CHALLENGE TIME! Try to make this one a single-file job! (code fits in &0100-&BF00, plus loading screen)

EDIT: P.S. Is my signature a little too big? Ha! Tough!
(ok, enough complaining... it's smaller now!)

EDIT#2: Ya know, I really should get a life! Anyway, here's a "remix" of my version of ZYNAPS64; including some instruments by J Dave Rogers... I hope you like it. (attached)

EDIT#3: Yep! No life! Here's a CYBERNOID 2 loading screen with logo.

(Click thumbnail for full picture)

TotO

fu**ing real life, I have to wait some hours before listening your remix... :D
EDIT: There is something in the idea, but it's "too mutch".
EDIT2: Nice logo on the loading screen and thank you for your sign !

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 14:58, 15 October 11Feel free to add your overscan picture to the .dsk as you update it.

I spent 1 hour 2 hours to look my overscan screen while listening your music... You make me dream !  :'(
(but I don't know how to... SyX ?)

SyX

Here we are!!! :P

I have converted the .SKS to Arkos Tracker :)

In my CPC looks and sound Fantastic!!! :D :D :D

Devilmarkus

Looks and sounds very nice!
Now just the game itself is missing ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

tastefulmrship

Quote from: SyX on 10:52, 16 October 11
Here we are!!! :P
In my CPC looks Fantastic!!! :D :D :D
Top job! But that's the WIP#2 screen, yeh?

I think all it needs is a bouncing ZYNAPS logo and it'd be perfect!
(I was trying to think of where to put a static logo onto that screen, but I reckon it would spoil it, so a mobile logo might be fun!)

TotO

Yes, it's not the last screen version, but it look already nice like that. :) (you may update it)
Great !!!  :-*

I'm not sure it was necessary to add the logo, because it came in big just after with the Dave Rogers music.
That will make redundant and overcrowded. But you can try.
I will do a static test too, if some  prefert to have the logo on it.

Axelay

Great stuff guys!   :) 

Is nice to imagine what could have been for Zynaps.

TotO

Quote from: Axelay on 12:34, 16 October 11
Great stuff guys!   :) 
Is nice to imagine what could have been for Zynaps.
Is difficult to use your edge grinder engine on it?

SyX

Quote from: TotO on 11:49, 16 October 11
Yes, it's not the last screen version, but it look already nice like that. :) (you may update it)
Great !!!  :-*
Upsss, sorry, ayyyssss la noche me confunde xDDDDD

I will update in a few minutes... although we have a problem TotO, your signature isn't gonna be visible in a real CPC. Take a look to the picture that i have attached, the blue zone is out of the screen in every CPC Monitor and TV that we have tested in the spanish forum (you can watch the photos in that thread).

TotO

Quote from: SyX on 13:17, 16 October 11
although we have a problem TotO, your signature isn't gonna be visible in a real CPC. Take a look to the picture that i have attached, the blue zone is out of the screen in every CPC Monitor and TV that we have tested in the spanish forum (you can watch the photos in that thread).
i know. no mater... It's'just a signature and don't need to be visible. ;)

SyX

In that case... Attached!!!  ;)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: SyX on 13:55, 16 October 11
In that case... Attached!!!  ;)
I love the "speed-freak remix" you did! ^_^

SyX

It wasn't on purpose, the Arkos Tracker conversion tool made everything  ;D

Gryzor

I like TotO's last screen submission best of all... very beautiful, and most cpc-like!

TotO

Quote from: SyX on 13:17, 16 October 11Take a look to the picture that i have attached, the blue zone is out of the screen in every CPC Monitor and TV that we have tested
I forget to said... I hop some emulators will adjust the overscan display by adding at less 2 more lines (384x270 to 384x272) for convenience.
In fact, a PAL overscan picture is 384x288 pixels in lowres (768x576 in hires interlaced video) and it's the true size to use witch any computers that display PAL video signal. (4/3 ratio)

EDIT:
You can see on your picture, you got two chars border on left-right and only one char border on up-down instead of two.

Axelay

Quote from: TotO on 12:49, 16 October 11
Is difficult to use your edge grinder engine on it?

Going from a software scroll to a hardware scroll, that would have to have so many follow on impacts on other things that you might as well be writing a game from scratch.

robcfg

For me the CPC version of the Zynaps tune is the best one, but this remix of the C64 tune is one i'd like to hear on an AY....  ;D

TotO

Quote from: Axelay on 08:43, 17 October 11Going from a software scroll to a hardware scroll, that would have to have so many follow on impacts on other things that you might as well be writing a game from scratch.
OK. Thank you.
The game seem to be pixels and not chars based, so I hopped it was possible without too much problems. :/

tastefulmrship

Quote from: robcfg on 08:49, 17 October 11
For me the CPC version of the Zynaps tune is the best one, but this remix of the C64 tune is one i'd like to hear on an AY....  ;D
With a couple of hours on Vortex Tracker II, I think it could be possible; especially with its 6 (or even 9) channel support!
VT2 can handle samples as well, so there's no reason why someone couldn't add decent drums to it.

But, yes, JDR's classic rock-track beats the C64 version hands down! There's no contest there!

TotO

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 11:42, 16 October 11I was trying to think of where to put a static logo onto that screen, but I reckon it would spoil it, so a mobile logo might be fun!
Like I explained earlier, I think it's better witout...
But here come a try with some minor picture adjustments.  ;D

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TotO on 10:45, 17 October 11
Like I explained earlier, I think it's better witout...
But here come a try with some minor picture adjustments.  ;D
I dunno, though... that's still pretty impressive.