News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

30 years after, back to the CPC !

Started by Glook, 10:00, 13 February 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Glook

Hi,

i'm Marc from France, 48yo

i'm the happy owner of a cpc6128, the same i had 30 years ago !!! Simply magic to retrieve the sensations...

with his 3d printed joystick and his Gotek  !

NiNxPe

...et ce qui est encore plus magique c'est de découvrir de nouvelles sensations :
Mother x4 + M4Board
Symbos
:P

Ast

Bienvenue à toi. Pour les cartes dont Ninxpe parle, bon courage pour en trouver une. TotO a arrêté la fabrication pour diverses raisons...
La config de départ est déjà une bonne chose. (Lecteur Gotek inclus!)

Tu aimes quoi précisément sur Cpc ?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Skunkfish

Great installation of the Gotek with LCD, although where does the coffee mug go now without blocking the screen?

Also, joystick is very cool. I've purchased some parts for my own project which I'll start on one day. I didn't think of getting the casing 3D printed though.. Was there a design already available on-line? And was it difficult to fit the parts/wiring inside?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

VincentGR

Gryzor

Welcome back!

So good to see you're treating your old CPC with some new gifts :)

Zoe Robinson

Welcome to the forum!

That is a lovely looking mod for your CPC.

Kris

Bienvenu CPCiste Français :)

Joli machine: belle integration du gotek  8)

Glook

Merci de votre accueil, ça fait plizir  :D

Alors sur mon cpc, je fais surtout du jeu, des vieux genre Cauldron, Pacific, Sorcery, Lode Runner... (on n'est plus au temps où on copiait comme des malades des lignes de codes ou des disquettes...)

Pour l'intégration du Gotek, j'ai refait le boitier du Gotek pour qu'il tienne dans la caisse du CPC à l'imprimante 3D, idem pour l'écran LCD.
Pour l'afficheur 7 segments, je trouvais pas terrible qu'il reste noir (écran LCD oblige, c'est l'un ou l'autre, pas les 2) alors un pote m'a fait un ptit bricolage génial à base d'un PIC, je peux choisir d'afficher H_C ou CPC et un affichage doux ou normal avec 2 jumpers.

Thanks for your messages, it's funny !

On my cpc, i'm playing with old games like Cauldron, Pacific, Sorcery, Lode Runner... (y the past, i wrote many lines of codes or i have copied many floppy disks)
The Gotek is mounted with a 3D printed housing box. One of my friends has build a small hack to display "CPC" or "H_C" on the digits diplay in the same time using LCD screen.

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:53, 13 February 17
Great installation of the Gotek with LCD, although where does the coffee mug go now without blocking the screen?

Also, joystick is very cool. I've purchased some parts for my own project which I'll start on one day. I didn't think of getting the casing 3D printed though.. Was there a design already available on-line? And was it difficult to fit the parts/wiring inside?

it's a place upper the lcd screen to place my mug !  ;D

For the joystick, it's very easy to fit the parts. Wiring is not complicated either.
you can find a printable Pro 9000 clone, here :
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:918504

(links are included for buttons, joystick and wiring !)

villain

Btw. I think you are building joysticks by yourself for fun but I just want to mention that you can still order the legendary Competition Pro:

https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/de/shop/product/competition-pro-retro.html

8)

dcdrac

If you think about it eventually it will be next to impossible to get working floppy drives for CPCs, so would there be a market for 6128s with goteks in them instead?

||C|-|E||

It would be actually cool to have them all fitted with Goteks or HxCs :). We could release the new games in SD cards or pendrives and it would be deadly cheap! Besides, we could add tons of content, hehe  :)

robcfg

It seems to be the way to go, but I hope the cases won't be butchered.

A reversible mod is always better.

NiNxPe

Est ce que tu pourrais mettre ici en PJ le fichier pour l'impression 3D de l'intégration du Gotek ?

Is it possible to upload here the 3D print file for Gotek integration ?

Glook

voilà le fichier !

le boitier, le couvercle (optionnel) et le bezel pour le lcd (optionnel aussi)

Kris

Vraiment sympa de partager: bravo !!

chinnyhill10

Quote from: robcfg on 00:00, 16 February 17
It seems to be the way to go, but I hope the cases won't be butchered.

Always hate destructive mods. Chop a hole in the top of a 6128? Yuck!

Spent 3 hours on Friday installing a Gotek in an Amiga 600 case. Case is still totally intact, not a millimetre of plastic has been cut but the Gotek is inside the Amiga. Very happy.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Glook

for the lcd screen, yes ! i have drill a hole on the top of my cpc (but i have a other one...), i prefer this solution instead of a separate lcd screen with cables :(

||C|-|E||

To drill or not to drill... in my case I like the cases either unmodified or as close as the original as possible. For example, I do not have any problem drilling a small hole to install a reset or an ABBA switch. I also think that it is completely fine, if you mod a 464 Plus to a 6128 Plus, to cut the case in the rear as in the 6128 for the extra centronics port. The same would be true if I was adding centronics to a standard CPC 6128, a S-video port... I think that you know what I mean  :) .

However, I would not remove the original drive to install an HxC, particularly if this means to modify the enclosure. In one case I am adding features that were either absent from the range (like the switches) or only present in particular models. In the other I am switching original parts for others that do something completely different and have modern hardware in there. In those occasions, I go for an external port. I also do not like to mix old and new hardware in the same machine when I am repairing it, even if it is not necessary to modify the case at all. There are some exceptions to the rule, for example I tend to substitute old light bulbs for LEDs if I am restoring vintage audio equipment when I see that the bulbs are overheating the components, but in this case I always look for LEDs that are encased in a way that they look like the old bulbs.

I guess that it is all a question of personal taste  :D

francouai

bienvenu !
je peux comprendre ton ressenti car moi aussi j'ai racheté un CPC.
Mais je suis passé d'un CPC6128 vendu il y a 25/30ans par un CPC 6128 PLUS.
Trop kiffant quand on voit pour de vrai (hors emulation) , le BASIC 1.1

cherche sur POUET les dernieres demos, elles tuent..
THE DEMO a coté, c'est du debutant.
--
francois