News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

464 paperback manual chapters

Started by geebus, 17:49, 28 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

geebus

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else has a paperback copy of the 464 manual (non ring bound).
I got one a while back. It's got writing all over it from the original owner taking notes etc, but better than that, I was getting totally confused one day when I realised that something I was reading from it made no sense what so ever. I then noticed that the pages were out of whack. Parts of chapter 4 (i think it was) were in where Chapter 2 should be etc.
Just wondering if this is something that was an error at the time that anyone knows of? or if someone just ripped the book apart then put it back together badly.
Thought it was rather amusing.
If it was like that from new, i'd like to leave it as is, but if not i'm going to try correct it as it's a bit irritating to say the least.

Gryzor

Happens with books. Not so often, but I've seen a few.

geebus

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:52, 28 February 20
Happens with books. Not so often, but I've seen a few.
So you think there's a good chance it's been like that from factory?

Gryzor

Very possible, yes. If it was done afterwards it'd be pretty visible.

geebus

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:13, 02 March 20
Very possible, yes. If it was done afterwards it'd be pretty visible.
Ha, interesting.
I'll have a better look at it when I get home.

Gryzor

Other binding errors, depending on the method used: blank pages, uncut pages, pages upside down, you name it.

Bryce

I always preferred the ring-binder versions. Stayed open on the page you wanted without having to hold it open.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Of course, a masterpiece of usability.

geebus

Had a look. Looks like it's always been like that. No evidence to suggest other wise.
There are even hand written notes all over the book, but some at the end of the first page that then leads to an incorrect page.
I'm just going to leave it as a novelty item.
If I find a nice ring binder version, I might pick it up. I have a 6128 manual on it's way to me now.
I remember using that to copy the BASIC out of when I was a kid in the 90's.
Loads of code to make a smiley face or something!