News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

664 in plastic

Started by Ynot.zer0, 20:52, 09 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynot.zer0

okay, so I'm an eBay stalker.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Amstrad-664-Colour-Personal-Computer-Sealed-/290575296904?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item43a7a32988#ht_794wt_1032

I think a few of us remember seeing this before (maybe not this exact 664, but most certainly the plastic covering concept).  It's a nice idea.... <theCynicInMe>okay, so you've got some plastic, wrapped it around the 664, sealed it off with a hot knife, leaving no way to test the machine and you expect me to buy it from £50 on a gamble that the keyboard membrane is okay (at a minimum)</theCynicInMe>.... I could be wrong and it could be a wonderful purchase for someone (hence, I've posted the link to help save a 664), but I just have a niggly feeling it'll end up being a 'spares machine'.
After a recheck, those blue keys do look rather nice and blue though... much better condition than mine are... hmmmm.. I *might* be tempted now  ;D

fano

héhé nice concept , maybe it is really unused.This one will finish high i suppose.

* fano needs the DK'Tronics 64K extension
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Bryce

The original CPCs weren't heat sealed. It does look very clean, but that's not original packing. I still have the original packing for my 464, it's a loose plastic bag open at one end with a suffocation warning printed on it in white (has to be there by law in England I think) and a cardboard box with a picture of the Keyboard.

Bryce.

Gryzor

+1 for Bryce. They were never sealed - actually, I've never seen a sealed retro computer (and I'm not sure they do it these days, either). Someone should report this guy... hm, maybe I'll do it.

That said, it does look lovely, wouldn't mind hitting it for 50 quid - ut it's UK only.