News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

A LOT of stuff for a LOT of money

Started by Colday, 11:23, 29 June 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

These lots would have sold far better if split up. Still, you can't blame them too much for chancing their hand. Ten grand though... ouch.

dthrone

If Chase HQ 2 is one of those 6 GX4000 carts, maybe worth it  :D

tjohnson

Who is going to put down £10k on a bunch of old stuff like this, not many or anyone for that matter I think.  I could be proved wrong but.

Gryzor

Yeah, I think it's pretty much impossible to sell it as is and at such a price...

The 664 is really nice but it has never reached such heights - yet.

robcfg

I don't think it's a bad price.

31 computers at 100€ per computer plus 760 games at 10€ per game is more than 10K€. And I'm not counting the peripherals in.

Now, moving all the stuff is going to be hell.

Are the shelves included?  ;D

tjohnson

Quote from: robcfg on 17:26, 29 June 19

Yes I agree individually it might have that kind of value but to sell 10k of amstrad stuff as a single lump could be a hard ask

robcfg

Quote from: tjohnson on 17:39, 29 June 19

Yes I agree individually it might have that kind of value but to sell 10k of amstrad stuff as a single lump could be a hard ask

Yes, definitely. Just pointing out that if you have the money, it's a good buy.

Bryce

31 computers at 100€ per computer plus 760 games at 10€ per game is more than 10K€. And I'm not counting the peripherals in.

Calculating €10 each for every cassette game and €100 for every computer (when some are marked "for spares") is being extremely generous. My quick calculation puts the lot at about €3500.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 07:54, 01 July 19
Calculating €10 each for every cassette game and €100 for every computer (when some are marked "for spares") is being extremely generous. My quick calculation puts the lot at about €3500.

Bryce.

What I was going to say. How many times have we spent €100 on a CPC (20 of them are up as 'for repairs/spares') or €10 for a budget game?

robcfg

Individually you'd have to pay shipping for every item, so I was adding that to my calculations.

Considering the actual prices for retro stuff, I don't think is a bad offer.

ASiC

Nah, way too much cashis for a "spares" and "untested" lot.
A great deal of the games would not cost £10 when new.

Best would be to sell individually.
Bet you they would make more money as well!

It's like buying a pile of shite of a car for £500 and selling it for parts.
Usually, you would make 10 times what you've paid for it!

tjohnson

I think we are all agreeing we don't think the seller will realise a £10k sale anytime soon on ebay.

Bryce

Quote from: tjohnson on 12:34, 01 July 19
I think we are all agreeing we don't think the seller will realise a £10k sale anytime soon on ebay.

Unless of course, there is one single piece of Hardware in there, that a certain Spanish collector doesn't have yet. Then it could easily go for 10K.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 12:43, 01 July 19
Unless of course, there is one single piece of Hardware in there, that a certain Spanish collector doesn't have yet. Then it could easily go for 10K.

Bryce.

JESUS that's a lot of money!

Colday

GUNHED

That's (probably) a joystick interface for the PcW. I got one too.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Colday

That's interesting.

Does yours have no marking on the surround either?

GUNHED

Gotta find it and look at it.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

mark25810

You can not put $10 per game since most Amstrad games you can pic up on ebay way cheaper than that each anyway

mark25810

not really most games on ebay come with free postage option lol as do a lot of things..in the uk atleast

Quote from: robcfg on 11:36, 01 July 19
Individually you'd have to pay shipping for every item, so I was adding that to my calculations.

Considering the actual prices for retro stuff, I don't think is a bad offer.