Amstrad Action Competition Winner - Where is my Prize?

Started by tjohnson, 11:05, 27 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnson

I was looking back through old issues of Amstrad Action and recall I won a competition a few years back, I found the entry confirming my winning a prize.  Unfortunately I never did get the t-shirt and badge!!!!  I'm most disappointed, do you think it's too late to complain, it was only May 1991?  I probably best update my address details as I don't live there anymore and neither do my parents :)

EgoTrip

Future Publishing are still in business so why not try them? You never know, you might get lucky.

Never mind, it said Micro Style was giving the prizes out. They've probably been forced out of business or become/swallowed up by one of those heartless corporations by now.

Bryce

Why didn't you notice this back around 1991/92? I would have.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 12:00, 27 April 17
Why didn't you notice this back around 1991/92? I would have.

Bryce.
Actually i did notice it at the time but for some reason i didn't follow it up, i probably thought right i need to wait a bit for it to arrive.   i was only 15 at the time and back then contacting people meant writing or phoning and i wasn't allowed to use the phone during the day as it was too expensive, only after 6pm.  I might follow it up with future publishing to see what they say [emoji3]

I'm pretty sure i got some letter published about the gx4000 as well once , think i actually wrote into another mag and Rod published it in AA too.  Think the other mag read called micro something it was multi format and it was more a newspaper advertising style thing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bryce

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:40, 27 April 17
Here you go, now stop whinging ! :D

Bryce.
Damn. I wish I had entered. That's a cool t-shirt

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

VincentGR

Oh!!! You must contact them, I need to know what will happen  ;D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 12:40, 27 April 17
Here you go, now stop whinging ! :D

Bryce.

I would actually get that printed manually if I had a high enough resolution image of that loading screen! =D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:32, 27 April 17
Damn. I wish I had entered. That's a cool t-shirt

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

Why? They wouldn't send you one either, even if you won :D

Bryce.

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 08:11, 28 April 17
Why? They wouldn't send you one either, even if you won :D

Bryce.
That's exactly what i thought. I'm still waiting 20 years later, running to the door everytime i hear the postman hoping my prize had finally arrived.....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk