News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC on the iPhone

Started by The Vindicator, 15:06, 30 September 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

So the reply notifications do work after all :D

Redbug

RedBug/Crazy Piri
Crazy Piri's productions are available on itch.io
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.

JonB

But even if you get the emulator onto IOS, AppStore rulez state you are not allowed to load stuff from other sources to run on it. That's why the Spectrum emulators either have built in games, or games available as in-app purchases, and don't AFAIK give you the BASIC interpreter. The only "proper" spectrum emulation I've seen (called iZX Lite - 48k only) does not allow loading of external programs, although you can write your own in BASIC and save / load them.

Redbug

Thanks to @Devilmarkus , I'll continue the iPad/iPhone development of crocoDS and try to send it to the App Store.

Meanwhile, you could contact me to test it via testflight.
RedBug/Crazy Piri
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.

zhulien

try the CPC emulator for blackberry on a Blackberry Passport, it works fantastic with great screen and keyboard for programming on and playing games.

Redbug

Back on iPad/iPhone
Testflight version available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EINzLRhtk0
RedBug/Crazy Piri

robcfg

How do we test it?

Looking forward to it!

Redbug

Click on the TestFlight  link in the video description from your ipad or iphone ;)
RedBug/Crazy Piri

SkulleateR

Sadly this is iOS 13.2 or higher for CrocoDS, so no test for me and my old iPad mini  :(

Redbug

Which os version do you have ?
I'm sure I could lower the minimal version needed
RedBug/Crazy Piri

SkulleateR

I don´t think this would be possible since I'm on iOS 9.3.5 or something like this ... iPad Mini 1st or 2nd gen

Don´t bother with it since I got enough systems to emulate the CPC ... btw I mainly use my real 464 and 6128 anyway  :P

But a full working CrocoDS on my MacBook Pro would be nice  ;D ;D ;D

Sid_

Really a good emulator. May I suggest some advices ?
The icons are a little confusing, or may you add a help in the application ?
For instance I don't understand what is it for the second joystick icon, the icons to confirm or go back are also confusing.

It's a good thing to see a Amstrad CPC emulator with this quality on IOS. Keep on ^^.

Demiurgo0

Great emulator !!
But it puts in tesflight that it expires in 20 days.
Would there be a way to get the .ipa to sign it ourselves and that it lasts longer?

Demiurgo0

Good morning.

Is there a version available for iOS?

an .ipa that can be installed?

SerErris

You are aware that this thread is a total necro?
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Redbug

But still available :)
I'll try to make an .ipa.
What's your iOS version ?
RedBug/Crazy Piri

robcfg

I'll gladly have it too. 

I'm on latest iOS 16.6.1  :D