News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC on the iPhone

Started by The Vindicator, 15:06, 30 September 09

Previous topic - Next topic

The Vindicator

come on own up who is going to make this happen on the iPhone? there has been a c64 and zx speccy but where is  our cpc on it?

arnoldemu

Quote from: The Vindicator on 15:06, 30 September 09
come on own up who is going to make this happen on the iPhone? there has been a c64 and zx speccy but where is  our cpc on it?
buy me an iPhone and I will do it :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

mr_lou

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:43, 01 October 09
buy me an iPhone and I will do it :)

As far as I know you need a computer with Mac OSX to develop for iPhone, so having the iPhone itself doesn't help you.

Easier to develop for Android. Development for Android is done with Java, so someone should port JavaCPC. :-)

nurgle

I'm going to buy the Palm Pre on European launch date. So maybe this is the platform to watch.  :)

P.s. The Pre is Linux based.  ;D

Gryzor

I'd be getting the new Nokia just to run the linux ver...

khisanth

i have an iphone and got given an ipod touch. i need an amstrad emulator for the touch!!

ukmarkh

I want one for my Android / Google phone? 

Ygdrazil

robcfg

Quote from: mr_lou on 12:31, 01 October 09
As far as I know you need a computer with Mac OSX to develop for iPhone, so having the iPhone itself doesn't help you.

Easier to develop for Android. Development for Android is done with Java, so someone should port JavaCPC. :-)

Thing is you do need a computer with MacOS X but doesn't need to be a mac (they're pretty expensive). I have an old Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with Leopard installed. If you nead a cheap platform for developing iPhone software, maybe that's a good starting point.

ukmarkh

Can't you just use VMware in a windows environment to emulate the Mac?

Gryzor

I don't think you can customize the underlying PC engine to the point that it runs MacOS...

khisanth

I now have TWO ipod touches to go with my iphone! (work give them as christmas presents,so i have two unused ipod touches!).

so i could do with an amstrad emulator on there , happy to jailbreak the ipod touch

Redbug

I'm currently porting crocods (my cpc emulator on nintendo ds) on iPhone/iPod :)
Stay tuned on http://www.kyuran.be
RedBug/Crazy Piri
Crazy Piri's productions are available on itch.io
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.

khisanth

Well i recently got a GPH Caanoo handheld and the Caprice32 emulator on there is EXCELLENT!  Amstrad games are perfect for that size screen and its got enough buttons to cope with any game short of text adventures.  This handheld really is fantastic for emulators.

Carnivius

Prefer the PSP for my portable emulation.  Lovely screen plus proper buttons.  I use the CPC emulator on it more than I use any for PC's these days cos I'm out most days and have it in my backpack.  No disrespect to iphone users.  Won one but I can't stand touchscreens so sold it.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Ythcal

crocods, that would be nice. Have it on my DS. Unfortunately the DS' screen resolution is below the CPCs, so it is not the fun it could be...

khisanth

the PSP would be pretty good too, basically any handheld with a good screen and buttons should be great

genesis8

Quote from: khisanth on 21:32, 18 August 11
the PSP would be pretty good too, basically any handheld with a good screen and buttons should be great

It already exists for PSP : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity_fr/index.php?/categories/3-Amstrad

It doesnt work with Orion Prime though.

Redbug

It runs :)

Still missing: the keyboard & joystick part :)

RedBug/Crazy Piri
Crazy Piri's productions are available on itch.io
AMSnews.fr, a new french information site about the Amstrad. Be the first to know.

Gryzor

Oooh man that's the sexiest i-device I've ever seen... but implementing the controls is, of course, the crux of it.

rexbeng

Well, what I see is that only the iPhone 4 has a screen resolution to properly display the CPC screen. Not even my beautiful pandora achieves that and I'm really sad about this :(. Actually you'd need a screen with a vertical resolution of at least 544 pixels and a horizontal resolution of 768 pixel in order to properly 'emulate' a full screen mode 2 image. So the iPhone 4 is ok, but with the 3GS and older... nowai!

But there definately can be an emulator for tablets - you could use the porttrait orientation of the iPad (which is 1024 pixels tall and 768 pixels wide), have the CPC screen on the top side and then have some short of touch "controler" and/or even a keyboard on the lower side of the screen :P

rb

khisanth

touch screens will always suffer from having crap controls on games that are not designed for touch screen. the speccy games that Elite have released on the iPhone are excellent but are let down by touch screen controls. even simple left right and jump controls can be fiddly.

which is why i love using the Caanoo handheld, great screen, nub style joystick and plenty of buttons to assign. just finished a game of Theatre Europe on it for example, try playing that with a touch screen! pretty impossible.

Gryzor

This would be the only reason I would get an Xperia Play, but then how many emus would support the controls?

genesis8

Hello,

did someone try Orion Prime on AndCPC and DroidCPC ? As PSPCAP32 cant run this game, I fear they wont be able too.

I cant try Crocods at the moment to check this.

The Vindicator

After all these years since I first posted this, looks like redbug has what I want, So Redbug how to I get this for my iPhone?