News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Another 'Hi' thread!

Started by ShadowTD, 23:08, 29 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTD

Evening all!

Thought I'd say hello :) I was a 464 user the first time around (age 5 onward) and I've just bought my first GX4000.  I'm finally looking to get my retro collection out of its various storage locations and set up somewhere accessible.  Whilst it's fairly varied, most of it will end up connected to my original 644 which is still going strong although sadly as a kid I shortsightedly sold my well expanded 464 to fund the purchase of a PC.

Nice to be back around other Amstrad users again!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ShadowTD on 23:08, 29 April 17
Evening all!

Thought I'd say hello :) I was a 464 user the first time around (age 5 onward) and I've just bought my first GX4000.  I'm finally looking to get my retro collection out of its various storage locations and set up somewhere accessible.  Whilst it's fairly varied, most of it will end up connected to my original 644 which is still going strong although sadly as a kid I shortsightedly sold my well expanded 464 to fund the purchase of a PC.

Nice to be back around other Amstrad users again!

Welcome aboard! We're a friendly bunch here, you'll find gaming nuts as well as hardware experts amongst us. Sadly, I don't really fall into the latter category but I'll burn your ears off about games.

I had a well expanded 464 as well with a DD1 and a multiface 2, and what did I end up doing? Shoving it up into the attic to make room for a new PC (and subsequently left it there when I moved house). Recently picked up a 6128+ and considering searching for a GX4000 down the line. Look into grabbing a C4CPC for your GX4000, it's a nice little card which might help expand it's potential, although you'll also need to invest in an alternative power supply to power it.

Enjoy! 
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mr_lou

||C|-|E||

VincentGR