Anyone else have trouble with monty on the run cpc 464 plus?

Started by mark25810, 13:26, 10 August 19

Previous topic - Next topic

mark25810

Hey I received my 464 plus last week and its great, all my games work other than Monty on the run..it works with my normal 464 but this gets to the start screen with the music and you are supposed to select the freedom kid BUT non of the keys on the 464 plus do anything for the game

I have pressed them all and nothing happens, I have plugged in my joysticks and they do not do anything either, put the game into my normal 464 and it works ok

All other games I have work fine on the plus just not this one.

Is this a known issue or just happening to me?

Many thanks

mark25810

Anyone? I also just received the neverending story which also does not seem to work on the 464 plus, first tape loads and the main screen with the theme music comes on along with the people who made the game but none of the buttons on the keyboard starts the game off :/

robcfg

Does your keyboard work well on Basic?

If it works, then maybe that game is not Plus compatible either.

mark25810

Do you mean do all the keys work ok? im really new all I know is the playing games side of things, if so yeh all the keys are find, to start neverending story for instance you are supposed to press spacebar but it along with all the other keys do nothing...but the spacebar works in other games etc

I did google to see if there were games not compatable but I could not find anything

mark25810

just tested it on my normal cpc 464 and it works ok on that so guess there are games that do not work right on the 464 plus...a shame :/

Nich

Quote from: mark25810 on 16:57, 23 August 19
just tested it on my normal cpc 464 and it works ok on that so guess there are games that do not work right on the 464 plus...a shame :/

There are keyboard compatibility issues with some games on the Plus machines. It's due to the way the keyboard scanning routines are programmed on some older games. There's a 'shortcut' that programmers can use, which works on normal CPC machines but doesn't on Plus machines - although the programmers wouldn't have realised this at the time, of course. :( Fixing it requires patching the game.

I think most, if not all, games by DJL Software are affected by this problem.