News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New member from Italy

Started by markgolden, 22:04, 28 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

markgolden

Hi all,
I'm a new member of the forum, happy to meet you all!

I used to have a CPC464 in the eighties, lost in the many relocations of grown life (I'm now forty), but I still had many games on cassette.
Last week I bought at a good price a working CPC 464+ and I loaded some old tapes, and some Basic text-adventures I coded myself with the help of the Amstrad user guide. Well, going through the code was like meeting the 10 years old myself.

I understand that there is a lot to read and learn in the forum about what I can do with my brand new 464+.

As the first course of action I would like to buy a joystick, but the good old ones I used to destroy are now very rare or expensive.
I found these solutions on Ebay:
- an adapter
- a reissue

what do you advise to an old-noob?
thanks!

ajcasado

Hi,
Welcome to the forum!!
About the joystick, if you have an usb controller this is a very good solution: https://www.spinpoint.org/imperium/ . Ask @Duke from this forum if there is availability.

CPC 664

Empiezas a envejecer cuando dejas de aprender.
You start to get old when you stop learning.

eto

Quote from: markgolden on 22:04, 28 September 21what do you advise to an old-noob?

If you have a soldering iron, get a good gamepad or joystick of your choice and a Sega Megadrive controller expansion cable and build one your own.

I personally now prefer this arcade stick: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B077NH85HL

Good quality for the price, very simple to replace the NES cable with a 9pin cable and it works awesome with the Plus incl. the second joystick button that is used on many GX4000 games and all the recent conversions.

SRS

Welcome back to CPC and I really envy you for having a CPC464 plus  :D

DoctorCPC

welcome dear friend. If you want we have whatsapp group as CPC users. We have little chats every now and then. We are talking about Amstrad CPC. If you want to join the CPCUserClub Whatsapp group, send a short introductory message to +90 555 498 36 55. Then I'll add you to the group. take care of yourself. welcome to our CPC Society again...

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

markgolden

Quote from: SRS on 21:20, 29 September 21
Welcome back to CPC and I really envy you for having a CPC464 plus  :D

thanks mate! To be honest, I would have liked to find a CPC464, I think it's a beautiful object. The CPC464+ looks more like a  "modern" computer, all white

thank you all for the advice on the joystick, I'll start from here!