News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bargins and Rare Items on eBay

Started by Amstari, 13:19, 22 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Amstari

Hi Everyone,

I have started this topic to ask about the best bargins and rare CPC items people have seen on eBay.

I just saw a Multiface Two, Mouse and Vidi Digitizer sell on eBay for A$380 (about 260 Euros). They also included a lot of extra for pick up only.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260635791430&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I didn't bid on this one and I don't live near the seller so I would have missed out on all the extras.

Gryzor

Damn these things have started fetching insane prices... I'd never pay that much, but it's a nice bundle overall. Just reading about "130 disks" makes me drool.

PS "bargin"<-australian pronunciation? :D

Ygdrazil

Actually contains  some interesting devices not well documented on the CPCWIKI!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Z80A on 13:19, 22 July 10
Hi Everyone,

I have started this topic to ask about the best bargins and rare CPC items people have seen on eBay.

I just saw a Multiface Two, Mouse and Vidi Digitizer sell on eBay for A$380 (about 260 Euros). They also included a lot of extra for pick up only.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260635791430&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I didn't bid on this one and I don't live near the seller so I would have missed out on all the extras.

Gryzor

Yup, you'[re right about that. But even if we did a collective effort, it's still over :D

Ygdrazil

Yep, i know!
Maybe the new owner is CPCWIKI friendly and wants to make some photos/scans of the two devices in question  :)

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:33, 23 July 10
Yup, you'[re right about that. But even if we did a collective effort, it's still over :D

ukmarkh

A few years ago I was offered one of the early amstrad GX4000 stands with games included. The one you used to see in the Dixons high street outlets. anyway, my wife told me no way, and we had a bit of an argument. In the end he offered it to someone else. I reckon it'd be worth a fortune today, sniff, sniff  :'(

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 16:42, 23 July 10
A few years ago I was offered one of the early amstrad GX4000 stands with games included. The one you used to see in the Dixons high street outlets. anyway, my wife told me no way, and we had a bit of an argument. In the end he offered it to someone else. I reckon it'd be worth a fortune today, sniff, sniff  :'(

yes it would.

she didn't understand that if you had it now and had sold it, she would be much happier! ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Amstari

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:30, 23 July 10

PS "bargin"<-australian pronunciation? :D

Yes it is the Australian pronunciation, it's not just because I spelt it wrong  ;D

archcosmo

yeah, that auction had some cool stuff in it (besides MF2 plus original   Insider disk, there was several eproms, VIDI, KDS 8bit printer and power   controllers (?), 6128 keyboards)

I had it on my watch list to bid on it as I'm a couple hours drive away from the   seller, but about 9 hours before the auction closed, the price jumped   from about 95$ to nearly 200$! and kept watching as the high bidder took it to   380$ near the end - for a job lot of CPC stuff, certainly got ppl's   interest :)

ah well.. saved my $$ instead for some cheap PS3 AAA titles ;-)

Gryzor

@ukmarkh: I feel for you mate... I really do.

Shredder11

No wife or girlfriend to worry about here, so within reason I am free to have whatever I like!  Yeah go on, hate me you know you want to! :D
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

Amstari

@archcosmo, you have probably seen there was a lot of CPC books and two Speech Synthesiser (SSA-1) for sale on eBay Australia in the last few months. There doesn't seem to be much on there now though.

I won the auctions for some of the books and one of the Speech Synthesisers. Unfortunately I can't get the Speech Synthesiser to work with my CPC464. I think it is because it takes the audio from the headphone socket and early versions of the 464 didn't have this.

Bryce

You could always add the headphone socket to the 464, if you can solder?

Bryce.

Amstari

Quote from: Bryce on 13:31, 28 July 10
You could always add the headphone socket to the 464, if you can solder?

Bryce.

Do you mean I could solder a headphone socket connected to wires used for the internal speaker?

When the speech sythesiser is plugged into the expansion port the internal speaker is muted, except for the sound of the tape loading. So I don't think adding a headphone socket to the CPC will make it work.  :( 

I'm hoping to get a 6128 one day so I will try it on that.

Bryce

No I meant adding a few resistors and the socket to provide a stereo output directly wired to the AY like the later original CPCs have. I wonder how they manage to mute the internal speaker? That wouldn't be possible according to the schematics or hardware I have.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 13:56, 29 July 10
No I meant adding a few resistors and the socket to provide a stereo output directly wired to the AY like the later original CPCs have. I wonder how they manage to mute the internal speaker? That wouldn't be possible according to the schematics or hardware I have.

Bryce.
There is a SOUND output on the expansion port, which is the same as the sound that goes into the speaker I think.
Could they force this low to silence the sound?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

No that would do the opposite ie: kill the tape sound.

Bryce.

Edit: I just took a closer look, it would probably kill both the tape and internal speaker, will have to check on a real machine (the schematics don't show the internal speaker). It would be still possible to add an un-mute-able stereo output however.

Amstari

Quote from: Bryce on 13:56, 29 July 10

Bryce.

My soldering skills aren't great but if it is simple enough to add the headphone socket I will try it.

Quote from: Bryce on 14:42, 29 July 10
No that would do the opposite ie: kill the tape sound.

Bryce.

Edit: I just took a closer look, it would probably kill both the tape and internal speaker, will have to check on a real machine (the schematics don't show the internal speaker). It would be still possible to add an un-mute-able stereo output however.

The manual for the speech synthesiser says "When the SSA1 is connected the internal loudspeaker of the computer is muted, although the loading of cassette programs may still be heard as normal through the internal loudspeaker."

Bryce

Hmm, I'll have to open up a real one at the weekend and see how the internal speaker is really connected. The schematics would suggest that muting one, would mute the other.

Do you know what you need for the stereo socket? (4 resistors as far as I can remember)

Bryce.

Xyphoe

B.A.T. boxed (some damage) and instructions & story booklet (disk) just went on Ebay finishing at £27 - not bad for an Amstrad game!

I was sorely tempted to bid ... but I need that £30 for other things this month  :(

Cholo

Quote from: Xyphoe on 07:39, 05 August 10
B.A.T. boxed (some damage) and instructions & story booklet (disk) just went on Ebay finishing at £27 - not bad for an Amstrad game!

I was sorely tempted to bid ... but I need that £30 for other things this month  :(
Yeah, i notiiced that one too and was a little bit surpriced, as £27 is quite low compared to last time a copy was on sale. Of cause £27 is quite high for a amstrad game in general, but there is a few popular games like BAT that always sells for crasy high prices.

Off topic but still crazy: someone just bought a amiga copy of Moonstone for £102:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320567420355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Amstari

Some CPC games on eBay Australia as "Buy It Now" for $99.90 (70 euros) each!!!

Wonderboy
Last Duel
Best of Elite

Too expensive for me, I wonder if they will sell.

Gryzor

Is this a bargin? :D

Can you add links? I like to follow this kind of auctions... for instance (not CPC-related):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180545172979&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Amstari

Quote from: Bryce on 14:17, 30 July 10
Hmm, I'll have to open up a real one at the weekend and see how the internal speaker is really connected. The schematics would suggest that muting one, would mute the other.

Do you know what you need for the stereo socket? (4 resistors as far as I can remember)

Bryce.

Thanks for your help and advice.

I also have a 6128 now so I am going to try the Speech Synthesiser on the 6128 too.

Unfortunately the shape of the device was designed for the 464 and it wont fit on the back of the 6128, even if I take it out of the plastic case it is still too wide and the 12v plug is in the way.

I will have to try and make an extension from the  expansion port.