News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Catastrophe

Started by dionisisg, 06:06, 23 September 22

Previous topic - Next topic

dionisisg

Hello everyone, i am back after a couple of difficult years and this time i hope its for good, last time i was here,i was in the process of creating some beautiful stuff for all amstrad lovers in OCP Advanced Art Studio but fate decided i wouldn't proceed. There was a home fire 🔥 and my beloved Amstrad was destroyed by a cheap Chinese candle that exploded in my home office . Below are the photographs of the damage. I am in a search for a new Amstrad CPC 6128 with a color monitor, i am located in Greece, if someone has an extra computer and is willing to sell it please pm me. Hopefully it will get replaced and i will once more be complete.

XeNoMoRPH

damn, sorry  :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

dionisisg

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 07:56, 23 September 22damn, sorry  :o

Not as sorry as i am... :'( :'( :'(  , the main problem is i can't find a fully working one in a reasonable price anymore and color monitors are more rare than vibranium.

Gryzor

Ah damn, RIP...

What prices have you found? 

dionisisg

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:35, 23 September 22Ah damn, RIP...

About 200€ for just the main unit without a monitor and all of them untested or not working, the best deal i have found for a fully working one(claimed working one) is 300 € but about 700km away from me and have no way to test. Its a private ad so no insurance is available and i consider it a big risk.

FYI my unit is working except the drive and the burn marks, if i could find just a monitor and a working drive in a reasonable price i would be happy.

TotO

Does the CPC mainboard and keyboard are OK?
I can ship to you only the 6128 case to replace it if enough.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dionisisg

Quote from: TotO on 09:15, 23 September 22Does the CPC mainboard and keyboard are OK?
I can ship to you only the 6128 case to replace it if enough.
Yes mainboard and keyboard are in working order, yes i would be interested in a case, where are you located?

Gryzor

Quote from: dionisisg on 08:46, 23 September 22

About 200€ for just the main unit without a monitor and all of them untested or not working, the best deal i have found for a fully working one(claimed working one) is 300 € but about 700km away from me and have no way to test. Its a private ad so no insurance is available and i consider it a big risk.

FYI my unit is working except the drive and the burn marks, if i could find just a monitor and a working drive in a reasonable price i would be happy.
Holy crap, and here I was thinking of getting another one... 

dionisisg

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:23, 23 September 22

Do you have a spare kidney? ;D

villain

Maybe you could go for a good old TV (Sony) with scart and buy a PSU an a cable. So no need for a CTM...

Gryzor

Quote from: dionisisg on 09:27, 23 September 22

One yes, was saving it for a Falcon though... 

Poliander

@dionisisg 

I could help out with a spare floppy drive (PM incoming)
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

dionisisg

Quote from: villain on 09:29, 23 September 22Maybe you could go for a good old TV (Sony) with scart and buy a PSU an a cable. So no need for a CTM...
That's my failover solution, i already have a 21" sony trinitron and can make my own cable but having the original monitor is the true goal.

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:33, 23 September 22
Quote from: dionisisg on 09:27, 23 September 22

One yes, was saving it for a Falcon though...
Laughing so hard at the moment 😂😂😂

TotO

Quote from: dionisisg on 09:17, 23 September 22Yes mainboard and keyboard are in working order, yes i would be interested in a case, where are you located?
In France. Now, I can ship with a tracking number "as gift" if it is less than 2kg.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dionisisg

Quote from: TotO on 09:49, 23 September 22
Quote from: dionisisg on 09:17, 23 September 22Yes mainboard and keyboard are in working order, yes i would be interested in a case, where are you located?
In France. Now, I can ship with a tracking number "as gift" if it is less than 2kg.

I want it, i will pm you once i get off work to arrange the details!!!

VincentGR

Shit happens, just stay calm  :(