News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Computing with the Amstrad Magazine Scans

Started by asamir_2002, 15:56, 28 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

asamir_2002

Anyone knows where to find complete scans of the Computing with the Amstrad magazine issues ?

Gryzor

asamir_2002

EgoTrip

Quote from: asamir_2002 on 15:56, 28 October 17
Anyone knows where to find complete scans of the Computing with the Amstrad magazine issues ?

I don't think they exist. The scans on here are incomplete, and some of the pages are corrupted too. We just have to hope someone with the collection has the time and/or ability to scan them in, and wait patiently for them to do so.

scruss

Even if there were incomplete scans, it would be really nice to have access to them.
I'd be happy to upload them to archive.org if someone would be so kind to point me to the files. Archive.org have the storage space, they do format management and OCR, and most importantly, their URLs don't change.

mk_10

I'm interested in the December 1986 copy of the magazine.

Targhan

I'm not sure exactly what "Amstrad Magazine" you're talking about, but isn t it what you are looking for?
Look in the folder: Revues (or magazines) > French >  Les cahiers d'Amstrad Magazines

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

mk_10

C'est tres bon !

That's exactly what I was looking for Computing with the Amstrad December 1986 exactly what I was looking for.

That's a very jolly site in terms of its presentation  :)

WiltshireWizard

WiltshireWizard

a

WiltshireWizard

y

robbarton

I have been thinking about the type ins in Computing with the Amstrad and how it would be nice to add them to the wiki in the same way as the AA and ACU type ins. Will have to do my research and see how many of them are available. I have just about got over the AA type ins by now!  :D

nico24

Any possibility to get the Computing with the Amstrad scans uploaded somewhere?

Zoe Robinson

robbarton

The 7z file contains some photos of the disks/cassettes and a few .dsk or .cdt images but it's not a complete set of CWTA listings - which hopefully the wiki will be!

Zoe Robinson

Fair enough. Good luck with the listings project - CwtA had a huge quality control problem on their listings that meant many of them would need debugging to work. It'll be a fun project for some to fix them all up.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 12:05, 31 July 20
CwtA had a huge quality control problem on their listings that meant many of them would need debugging to work. It'll be a fun project for some to fix them all up.

I bought CWTA and typed a lot of their programs, but I do not recognize your problems with the listings.
If there were problems with a program, they were often fixed in the postbag pages.

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 09:27, 11 August 20
I bought CWTA and typed a lot of their programs, but I do not recognize your problems with the listings.
This surprises me, since the problems were numerous and affected most listings I ever typed in.
Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 09:27, 11 August 20If there were problems with a program, they were often fixed in the postbag pages.
So after claiming there weren't problems, you then admit there were problems. Okay.

Johnny Olsen

Yes and no, it was mostly improvements.
I have only had problems with eggstatic, where 144 eggs have
to be collected, but it is only possible to collect 143.

You said many but I have not experienced that.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 10:44, 11 August 20
Yes and no, it was mostly improvements.

[ot]It reminds me of an AA Type-In called Bounce. Months later AA had a letter in their Forum, which in turn made me alter the code nearly 30 years later to have the Ball Bounce using Text Coordinate positions. I don't know if I'd call that an Improvement, though the code presented some interesting problems (moving from Graphical to Text Coordinate positions), and made it an unusual alternative.[/ot]

QuoteI have only had problems with eggstatic, where 144 eggs have
to be collected, but it is only possible to collect 143.

Roland in Time strikes again!  :D

QuoteYou said many but I have not experienced that.

This takes me back to the Rock Hopper Board Designer, I typed in the Game - no problems (well I think I stuffed up some of the Board DATA) and later on found I'd make other Mistakes, but they were my mistakes. The one that's bugging me with the Board Designer is if anyone else was able to move their Cross Off Screen (causing an Improper Argument) because X or Y from LOCATE x,y equals 0. To me I didn't solve that and always felt I checked the listing over 100 times, but only got it to work when I left out the ON BREAK GOTO routine. But maybe it was a glitch in BASIC 1.0 which was resolved in 1.1.

Sorry it's all off-topic.  :o
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

mk_10

Quote from: WiltshireWizard on 14:03, 25 June 20
The other mags I have are -

Hi Wiltshire Wizard,

You could put your scans on archive.org as they accept images.  If I remember correctly you create a directory of images and it is the filename is the magazine name and volume and page number. 

scruss

Yeah, the Internet Archive upload process got a whole lot easier now they accept a zip file of scanned images. Here's the help file for the process: How to upload scanned images to make a book.
If there are a lot of scans, there's a bulk command line tool, but it's got a harsh learning curve. I'd be happy to do any uploading if there are a lot of scans.