News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello from a new user

Started by menegator, 18:25, 06 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

menegator

Hello all and happy new year!

I' m new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself

My name is George, I'm 40 and the first computer I ever had was an amstrad CPC 6128, bought back in 1985 (or 1986, I' m not sure). Back in my time I had a fair knowledge of Locomotive Basic and some Z80 assembly, but unfortunately this is not like a bicycle. Once you stop writing you forget.

The most complex program I ever wrote was a database, kinda like dbII with its own primitive language. I wrote it in basic but parsing the language was too slow, so I learnt Z80 assembly, just to be able to parse and tokenize my apps primitive language.

I seriously doubpt if I ever had access to the sources that today I could understand what I wrote :)

Unfortunately, sometime in 90's I sold my amstrad and along with it the discs, see I didn't expect back then that a day will come that we will have simulators...

Anyhow, here I am, and I will be a lurker for the most part but in any case I would like to say a "Hello all!"

XFile2708

Gryzor

Hello mate, and welcome here! Hope you stay with us after you've solved the problem...

Oh, and of course, thanks so much for your donation! Really, really appreciated!

Themis

PS I added you to the Supporters group :)

SyX

TFM

Welcome - hope you like it  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

00WReX

Hi George,  welcome.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki