News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Oxygen / Amstrad Action

Started by beaker, 21:39, 26 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

beaker

Does anyone know if CPC Oxygen is coming back, or where I can download all the Amstrad Action issues from now megaupload is no more?

genesis8

Hmm both http://www.cpcoxygen.net and cpcoxygen.fxwebdevelopment.com dont exist anymore, not good indeed.

Someone knows the email of his webmaster to know the status of the web site ?

CPCOxygen

Sorry, both websites will be back up online soon. I recently opened a computer repair business so things have been a little nuts of late. Which reminds me, I haven't been on here lately, got a bit of catching up to do.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me about the CPC Oxygen site,

John
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

genesis8

Quote from: CPCOxygen on 00:27, 27 March 12
Sorry, both websites will be back up online soon. I recently opened a computer repair business so things have been a little nuts of late. Which reminds me, I haven't been on here lately, got a bit of catching up to do.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me about the CPC Oxygen site,

Good. Well, do you repair Amstrad CPC ?

Sadly cpcoxygen.fxwebdevelopment.com has been taken over by someone else, but not http://www.cpcoxygen.net, you have to be quick with your DNS registar.

BTW, seing you are from Italy, where do you live ? I visited Italy 2 times, last time I went to Firenze (Florence). Best pasta and pizzas I ever eat was in Italy, no doubt about it.

CPCOxygen

I don't get any work for Amstrad CPCs  :'(  Just laptops, desktops, oldest being Windows 98 stuff. I'm not going to re-register cpcoxygen.fxwebdevelopment.com, instead I'm linking it all into cpcoxygen.net

I'm from Ireland, not Italy. I know, similar colours. If anyone wants to relocate me to Italy I'll accept  ;D  Better weather!
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

Bryce

If any of those issues went missing, I think I still have a complete copy of all the magazines that were on cpcoxegen. Although it's a lot of data, probably easier to send a DVD than upload them.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Same here - don't forget that I offer the service of sending the DVDs for just the cost of them plus postage - a few euros (soon to be worthless?).

But I've been having an email exchange with a community member, maybe I'll put them online again... what say you guys?

genesis8

Quote from: CPCOxygen on 02:47, 27 March 12
I don't get any work for Amstrad CPCs  :'(  Just laptops, desktops, oldest being Windows 98 stuff. I'm not going to re-register cpcoxygen.fxwebdevelopment.com, instead I'm linking it all into cpcoxygen.net

I'm from Ireland, not Italy. I know, similar colours. If anyone wants to relocate me to Italy I'll accept  ;D  Better weather!

Doh, shame on me, send me some coffee then. Let us know here when CPC oxygen will be available again.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Looks like the domain has gone to an asian website now.

Can't find any online browsable amstrad actions now :-(

Gryzor

...But you can certainly download them!

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Gryzor

beaker

Quote from: Briggsy on 14:23, 09 January 13
Found them at archive.org, e.g: Amstrad Action Issue 084 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive (was looking at my pictures on page 13).

Trip down memory lane hey? I remember being well impressed with the top right one back in the day. Do you still have the one with the waterfall where the water appears to move you can upload (I assume not as you're looking at them in a mag)? I always wondered what that looked like in real life.

Gryzor

"How did you do it, GB?" :D

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: beaker on 15:02, 09 January 13
Trip down memory lane hey? I remember being well impressed with the top right one back in the day. Do you still have the one with the waterfall where the water appears to move you can upload (I assume not as you're looking at them in a mag)? I always wondered what that looked like in real life.

Alas the CPC 6128 and those disks was sold back in the day to fund an Amiga 1200.

But Advanced OCP Art Studio allowed colour palette cycles to be defined, and the CPC had a lot of blues... and of course Amstrad Action were using AOCPAS to view the pictures, et voila.

The picture that won the entire tenner was inspired by another game which I never had but had seen in a mag - Savage IIRC. I wanted to replicate the glass sphere look, and then added a load of stuff around it.

(To be honest I thought they picked some of the weaker pictures on the disk, but they always showed a preference for the mode 0 screens)