News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Didier Disquette is in da place!

Started by Didier Disquette, 10:36, 25 January 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Didier Disquette

Hello world, I am Didier Disquette, I like english jelly, and I want to make Amstrad demos  :o

Where are the good old demomakers?

Targhan

Hi,
Some are still here, but also on Memory Full!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Welcome Didier! Glad to have you here, looking forward to seeing your work!

Skunkfish

Quote from: Didier Disquette on 10:36, 25 January 20
I like english jelly

Good to know, but it makes me wonder one thing... What's French jelly like?

Oh, and Welcome!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

VincentGR

Welcome !

Quote from: Skunkfish on 19:59, 27 January 20

Oh, and Welcome!

I though the same but saw this:

What is Jelly in the UK?

There is a difference. Jam in the UK, is what Americans call jelly. Jelly in the UK, is what Americans call "Jell-O". ... If you are talking to a British person and mention jelly, they will think of what Americans call "Jell-O"

Didier Disquette

Quote from: Skunkfish on 19:59, 27 January 20
French jelly is salty served with Foie Gras. English jelly looks more like german Götterspeise!

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:53, 25 January 20
Welcome Didier! Glad to have you here, looking forward to seeing your work!
I currently learn z80 assembly and target this summer to release a little demo.

Quote from: Targhan on 11:47, 25 January 20
Hi,
Some are still here, but also on Memory Full!
Thank you for the link. But I didnt' find neither the great logon system nor the promising 5kb!

Targhan

Longshot passes by on CPCWiki sometimes. But you should also focus on new people and groups :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Didier Disquette

Quote from: Targhan on 20:09, 31 January 20
Longshot passes by on CPCWiki sometimes. But you should also focus on new people and groups :) .
What a great surprise to know that such a celebrity as Longshot is registered here!
Which new people or groups do you advise me to follow? Who is the new Logon System?
I watched some of your demos, I enjoyed them a lot. Do you work on the next one?

Is Amstrad demomaking a french thing? Where are the germans, the greeks, the spanish and the british?

robcfg

As to the spanish people, haven't you seen the Batman Forever demo amongst other fine productions?  ;)

Targhan

QuoteDo you work on the next one?
No, now I'm more involved in creating tools and games.

QuoteWhich new people or groups do you advise me to follow?
Vanity, Batman, Condense, Benediction, Roudoudou, Impact are about the last ones making demos. But the quality is very, very, very high.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Didier Disquette

Quote from: robcfg on 17:23, 07 February 20
As to the spanish people, haven't you seen the Batman Forever demo amongst other fine productions?  ;)
Actually I'm not aware of demos released after the 90's. I just watched Batman Forever which is a fantastic demo! This quality doesn't surprise me as I remember that spanish games were always very great. I hope that spanish demomakers will continue to thrill us!

Quote from: Targhan on 12:39, 08 February 20
I was expecting a new issue of Demoniak!

Quote from: Targhan on 12:39, 08 February 20But the quality is very, very, very high.
Which is an awesome news! It would have been a pitty if you have said me that nowadays quality was very low! Thank you for the group names, I will watch their work.

Targhan

QuoteI was expecting a new issue of Demoniak!

Yeah, I think a lot of people would be interested. But who would write with me? It's always the same problem. Plus now, we would need articles both in French and English. A lot of work...
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Didier Disquette

Quote from: Targhan on 12:39, 09 February 20
Yeah, I think a lot of people would be interested. But who would write with me? It's always the same problem. Plus now, we would need articles both in French and English. A lot of work...
Maybe you should ask to your old partners from the other Demoniak issues to help you? I don't know if they still are into the Amstrad but it could be an opportunity for them to fall into the pot again.
And here on CPC-wiki forum, as there are a lot of posts everyday, I can conclude that people here love to write... Why not using all this energy to help Targhan to make Demoniak happen again? I read a lot of interesting posts (technical or not), and it would be so better to have them into a discmag. And people could react to it on this forum.

Bad idea?

Targhan

People writing on forums is very different from asking them to write full articles! This debate comes back regularly... People come to chill out, not to get pressured to produce something.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

trocoloco

Quote from: Targhan on 12:39, 08 February 20
Vanity, Batman, Benediction, Roudoudou, Impact are about the last ones making demos. But the quality is very, very, very high.

Just one addition to that, don't forget to follow Condense, great demos and currently developing Sonic for GX4000  8)

Targhan

Damn!!! Thanks!! I forgot about Condense!! Edited my post. Please forgive me No Recess!!! :)
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime